Newbie here

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,
I have just found this site and I think it's awesome. This group of bikes is right up my alley. I have done some work with custom bikes, but not really sure if they are what you call rat rods. I'll post some pics and you all can decide. I have seen some excellent work here on this site and can't wait to do another project but more rat rod style. I hope to chat with you soon.

Bike_Project_022.jpg

49_3.jpg

Final_roughy_pics_006.jpg

Final_roughy_pics_005.jpg

Final_roughy_pics_007.jpg

Uuuuuh....Uuuuum,
I think they quallify as Rats my Friend.
The Spring is Brilliant!

and The Oil Tank under the seat on the First One is a pretty
sweet idea as well..

Both are Beautiful Bikes..
welcome,

peace,
Kev.

Welcome aboard - those are some sweeeeet bikes.

I (and others I'd imagine) would love to know more about the leaf-spring bike. Any construction photos you'd like to share would be more than welcome :D

I don't know if I'd call either a "rat" - they're way too nice. Definitely hot rods though.

-Mp

HOT ZIGGITY!

These bikes are incredible....love everything about em...especially the color of the second one.

Man are you gonna fit in. :mrgreen:

Thanks a lot everyone. It's cool to see so much excitement over my bikes. I will certainly email photos to anyone who wants them about the leaf spring. The idea wasn't mine, the credit needs to go to Hank Young of Young Choppers. He's a friend of mine and made a motorcycle with a similar setup on the Discovery Channel. I made this bike as a tribute to his work. The red bike was my first creation. Someone asked about the small oil tank under the seat. That holds batteries and a hidden switch to turn on the lights on the bike. Now I'm thinking of what to do next. I'm currently working on a motorcycle frame for my dad, but I'd like to start something else once it comes off of the frame jig.

Anyway, thanks again and I will be here often.

budzilla,
I sold that bike to a guy in Utah, or Wyoming. He bought it off of ebay. I put a small sprocket on the bike because you could not pedal it up hills with a normal sized sprocket. Since the leverage was so great with larger shanks, the leaf spring would give a little and totally defeat your efforts. With the small sprocket, it is great to ride. I could easily go up hills and cruise all day. However, I was not going to win any speed races!
Thanks for your interest.

If u ask me these things are 2 beautiful 2 be called rats, AWSOME BIKES!!!!

Latest posts

Back