NEW TO RRB..THIS IS A HISTORY LESSON !

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, My name is GERRY D. and I have been into bikes since I was a wee little one! Im 43 now and that was a a long time ago ! My dad took me to my first bmx race in 1975, I was 11 ! It was the coolest thing that I had ever done, Being 11, Racing against people you didnt even know, or even knew rode BMX, Yea it was cool. I got my little brother TIMMY D. to start racing around 1980 !My father was a big influance on me, and he would always be helping me fix my bike or get me the new cool "CHEATER SLICK" tire or my first "checkered flag" banana seat ! R.I.P. Dad ! I love doing wheelies and I believe that when I'm 60 years old I will still be able to pull the front wheel up ! Longest wheelie is about 2.5 miles ! I was one of thefirst people in town to ride a 1/4 pipe & backyard pool on my bike in 1983! I used to have a bike/skate shop called "4one7" in Medford, Oregon in 1996 and I started selling lowrider bikes to all of my friends and we had this little bike gang/group that would meet once a week and drink 40's under the bridge on the bike path ! LOL ! Now 12 years later I make Kustom bikes for myself, friends and whoever wants to buy one from me...AND I LOVE IT ! For the last 4 years I have put on an event called "MEDFORD CRUISER CRAWL" and every year it gets bigger, not so huge that it is out of control , but fun ! We had 50 bikes enter last year and around 75 to 85 spectators. We had a heavy bike contest , a HUFFY toss and a peoples choice award ! So Im into this bike thing for life,We still have a bike club; BEGGARS & CRUISERS, And we still drink 40's under the bridge on the bike path !!! You can check out some of my stuff at http://www.myspace.com/flatblackkustoms and you can peep my little brothers stuff at http://www.myspace.com/juan_dees_huevos

Later, GERRY D. FLAT BLACK KUSTOMS. FLAT BLACK , IT'S NOT JUST A COLOR ! IT'S AN ATTITUDE !
wjj8cg.jpg
1975, first bmx race.

35k51ub.jpg
2z9fyn4.jpg

My first "STRETCH" 1996.................................................. Jay Miles new owner 2005
28wgk1y.jpg
Drinkin' 40's under the bridge.(L to R ; PETEY, DARRIN, GERRY D. & CHRIS...R.I.P. PETEY & DARRIN)

Sweet ...... You don't read intros like that often. I would say welcome to the insansity, but I think your already here bro.

Gerry,
Welcome to the place. Can't wait to see your skills, and tats. Im a 40 y/o guy also.
JT

Any word on the next cruiser crawl in Medford? I am in La Grande and might be able to make it. My g/f has family in medford so that could be my excuse to go. :D

Drinking 40's under bridges was one of my favorite high school pastimes (as well as other recreational substances :wink: ). I think I need to start that up again, and go cruising for some bridges.

And for the kids on the site: DON'T DRINK, DON'T DO DRUGS! STAY IN SCHOOL! EAT YOUR VEGETABLES!

PSA over.

Alot of 40 somethings are good....and building these bikes is a cheaper version of a mid life crisis..Welcome young at heart.. :wink:

Latest posts

Back