NEW STUFF AT WAL-MART (Op Bike PICS ADDED)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found some new models on the WalMart recently as well and made a separate post here showing them. Fortgot all about this thread or I would have just posted them here to begin with. Anyhow here they are:

First up is the 29" Schwinn Ventura straight bar single speed coaster brake.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/29-Schwinn-Ventura-Men-s-Cruiser-Bike-Black/37370369

index.php.jpg

Next one found is this 29" Schwinn Low Glide. Another straight bar frame but with a rear rack, older style paint, but this one is a 7 speed with rear derailer and linear pull brakes.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/29-Schwinn-Low-Glide-Men-s-Cruiser-Bike-Dark-Red/37370371

index.php.jpg

Lastly is the odd looking to me 26" Huffy Cape Cod. I think I like the seat they have on it but I'm not so sure about all the dodad extras it has. Looks like it might have a real head badge (second pic on their site shows it).

http://www.walmart.com/ip/26-Huffy-Cape-Cod-Men-s-Cruiser-Bike-Metallic-Blue/33396338

index.php.jpg

Here is a so so pic of the Mongoose 20" BMaX fat tire bike linked above.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/36998375?...3.1&u1=1xo8ur0p1i5z0&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

51rFWR+VFwL._SY355_.jpg

Noticed they now offer the regular Mongoose Beast in black as one of the colors to choose from. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't believe it has been offered in black until recently.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/26-Mongoo...eid=cricpa123456789abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

Last edited:
I like them,I agree with you on the Cape Cod. That one is a little too busy for me. I am amazed they can produce bikes at that price. I know they are not top quality,but it still amazes me.

A few weeks ago I bought a thruster fixie from wal mart because I liked the size of the frame and I thought I could ride it for a while as I fixed some of my other bikes. BIG MISTAKE. I really wish I had not bought it. The seat broke almost immediately. The metal rails under the seat actually bent down. I took it off the seat and bent it back with my bare hands. Then I got angry and literally tore it in half again with my bare hands. The metal was of very poor quality. The seat post was also the thinnest thing I've ever seen. The top of it collapsed easily while tightening the clamp down. I didn't even get to ride it 5 miles before all this happened. I guess I'll end up cutting it up and using the parts....but with such poor quality, I don't know what.

Box store bikes are hit and miss period. When the seat broke on your Thruster, and you figured out how much you hated it, you could have just returned it to your local store for a refund. I've had good luck with the Huffy canti framed bikes but I only have two of them. They just needed the usual bearing adjustments, grease, and the one with alloy wheels had to be trued. The neglected Cranbrook that was given to me last year has never needed the cheap steel wheels trued, yet. From online talk the Kent bikes (I think the Thruster might be a Kent) seem to suffer from a higher percent of failure issues. Especially three piece crank and coaster brake hub failure.

New fat bike offerings at Walmart.

Polaris Wooly Bully Fat Tire Bicycle.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Wooly-Bully-Fat-Tire-Bicycle/38506061

Pricey but I saw it for less at other places like Amazon, Sears....

91xjKiyyYOL._SL1500_.jpg

Kawasaki Sumo 4.0 Fat Tire Bicycle.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sumo-4.0-Fat-Tire-Bicycle/38506078?action=product_interest&action_type=title&placement_id=irs_middle&strategy=PWVAV&visitor_id=80084067780&category=0:4171:133073:1085617&client_guid=7ed7ad4b-9d84-49ab-ada4-d6544ea8d1cd&config_id=0&parent_item_id=38506061&guid=038f7c5b-5991-435b-8a22-2695540b17dc&bucket_id=irsbucketdefault&findingMethod=p13n

Pricey but it has a aluminum frame,21 gears.... There is some discussion about this one on other forums. Overtsock.com, Amazon, and Sears sell it for much less than Walmart right now.
Kawasaki Sumo 4.0 Fat Bike - Al, 21 speed.jpg

Last edited:
I visited my local Walmart today, and inquired if they had any scratch N dent or clearanced bikes (not in so few words, I chatted them up a bit beforehand) and was told they cut up the returns and dented ones and throw them in the dumpster. :!: :shock:
Yes, that is what they did at the store I worked at also. :arghh:

Funny, Out here in the country we must drive quite a way to a bigger town to go shopping. At one Walmart which is North of me. They repair the bikes. Like in my post earlier. There was one of those Fat Tire bikes with bent handle Bars. I tried to buy it and the manager told me OH NO... We are going to repair that and return it to the customer.
But If I go South of me to shop and there is also a smaller Walmart there. They put the scratch and dents outside in the summer and fall with the other bikes. My Girlfriend and I saw one with a flat tire. adjusted to 49 99. Then there was one with fender on backwards and some scratches on the frame. 49 99 again. Seems like that manager just wants to blow them out. There must not be a strict policy on what they do with damaged ones out here.

IDK maybe afraid of lawsuits, maybe think if they sell a scratch and dent bike people will return it and ask for a full refund or new undamaged bike?
They are totally profit motivated, and it has a lot to do with who they "charge" when things are damaged. for example damaged items taken off the truck We would write down the upc# and qty on a form toss it in the compactor (they called it the black hole). Then the store charges the loss against the mfg. Same process with every thing that came back broken off the shelves and customer returns. Wally never looses $.

Sounds like Standard Business Policy for every company (not to lose money).
I have a good friend who works in Loss Management in California (yes at that store). Everything is either Trash or Salvage for resale. The Salvage for resale is pure profit, But there is labor to get it to Salvage.
Even spoiled Vegetables get counted and written off before they end up in the Trash.
Standard Business Policy. But a GOOD Manager will push to get stuff out for resale. More profit shown for any store.

I am one person who would buy a scratched bike in a minute. They all get scratched eventually anyway. I don't see how most bikes on those WalMart racks can not get scratched. It looks like it takes a bit to get them up on the two high racks.

I agree, defects on a durable item like a bike would not bother me as long as the price reflected it. Even better deal If a person picked up a bargain bike for parts. Maybe the store I worked at was unusual, clearance items were only marked down 10%. I think management would rather toss items and seek credit against the mfg. than sell the item at a reduced price.

My Sister in law is in charge of returns at a Walmart. Where She works everything that is damged or returned to the store goes to a processing warehouse and either sold at auction or destroyed . They don't put damaged goods back out to be returned again and again,major profit loss.

Funny, Out here in the country we must drive quite a way to a bigger town to go shopping. At one Walmart which is North of me. They repair the bikes. Like in my post earlier. There was one of those Fat Tire bikes with bent handle Bars. I tried to buy it and the manager told me OH NO... We are going to repair that and return it to the customer.
But If I go South of me to shop and there is also a smaller Walmart there. They put the scratch and dents outside in the summer and fall with the other bikes. My Girlfriend and I saw one with a flat tire. adjusted to 49 99. Then there was one with fender on backwards and some scratches on the frame. 49 99 again. Seems like that manager just wants to blow them out. There must not be a strict policy on what they do with damaged ones out here.

Seems like there is Not a strict policy.

North Wisconsin Store. One Policy
South Wisconsin Store Another Policy
California Store. Another Policy.

I just got an Email minutes ago from the California store Loss management Manager. She confirmed that slight damaged items do go out on the floor for resale at "Her Store" at a discount. Major Damaged items, damage documented and then are shipped to a salvage company that takes it from there.

But anyway, It is very good that The Bike Makers are always coming up with new and different styles and changes all the time. It is Great for the Hobby. Even though they may not be built to High Quality Standards. It is what we have to deal with in life today.

Scratched or slight damaged or not. I like the look and style of a lot of the new bikes that comes on the market.

I saw this springer fork Schwinn at Walmart along with a few other new bikes for $139. For some reason the website says Mongoose instead of Schwinn that was on this one.

Sorry for the foggy pic.

Latest posts

Back