New skinny tire on the market

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got one of these early. If you are one of those people that like skinny front wheels or just plain skinny wheels check out this new tire from WTB! It fits 700c road rims and it's called the thickslick and looks pure rat rod. I plan on using it with a 26x2.5 Maxxis Hook Worm and building another digger.

http://www.freedombicycle.com/component ... Itemid,58/

i think i have a 700c wheel, with no tire. that might work! whats the $$ on it?

I don't know the retail price. It's too new. The rep dropped it off at the bike shop where I work. I'll try to find out though. My tire has the urban armor casing and is super thick in the rolling section... I don't know how the other models compare. Would be really good for a fixie were skidding is your main stopping method. Some folks are commenting on the rolling weight but that doesn't matter on a cruiser.

On a slightly different note. I wish that Specialized would bring their Fat Boy tire back. A 26x1.25" slick, although it was a gum wall.

As for the new tire. Here I am with no spare 700c wheels around. :( Not that I have money for tires anyways.

Latest posts

Back