New ride

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well it's been a while but since there weather is finally breaking and I am getting the itch to ride
Unfortunately due to my daughters illness and having to spend so much time dealing with trips to doctors and hospitals I haven't had any time to work on any of my basket case bikes lots of bikes that are so close to being finished and no time :( so I decided to look and getting a new bike so I have something to ride well I i just had my 30th birthday and thanks to friends and family I had a couple bucks to spend so I started looking and I decided I wanted something a little different. I got looking at fixed gear bikes I thought that it would be a neat change from the regular but when I saw to prices of these minimalist bikes I was discouraged prices ranging from $400-$700 on the low end sigh but then I came across the company critical cycles on Amazon $224 canadian with free shiping. Wow it sounded to good to be true so I went researching and there was alot of positive feedback on this bike 4 out of 5 stars with only little gripes like cheap tires being used or brake pads or people complaining about how they used plastic pedals when they used so many well thought out parts otherwise. I decided to order it. I ordered it on April first and it arrived on April 3rd just as I was getting ready to head up to Toronto for one of the pesky hospital trips . I had enough time to take it out of the box and assemble its then I had to leave...fast forward to today

I rode the fixed gear for about a half hour and it was fun but I switched the the rear tire around to free wheel because I have to commute back and forth to work and there are some large hills involved so I will probably switch back and forth when I'm at home to play some on the fixed gear took her for a couple spins today and I am very happy with the bike I am excited for the chance to put some miles on it.

I am just really impressed for what you pay and the quality you actually get it thought I would share with all of you

Hope your Daughter Gets well....
Good lookin Bike , Enjoy !

~RafaeL~

Latest posts

Back