New Rat Project for My Kid

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
OK...Not a bike but a Rat none the less. This was actually posted in the bicycle section of my local CL, the guy was looking to trade it for a new school BMX bike. I know nothing of new school bikes so I sold off my 87 Haro FST and found a 2009 Eastern Reaper? for a good price and traded it for this. My 17 year old daughter has been bugging me for a old car ever since she got her license...now she has one! 1969 Ford Fairlane 500 factory 351 4bl car with air. Its a beater but drives like a dream. She sat in it for 2 hours last night calling all her friends and spent all day today picking out paint colors. Priceless.

002.jpg

001.jpg

That's pretty incredible that someone would trade off a car for a BMX bike...ha ha.

Hard to beat a drivable car with an AC that still works. :D

I guess you don't have to worry about her being safe in a wreck....ha ha!

Rat Rod said:
That's pretty incredible that someone would trade off a car for a BMX bike...ha ha.

Hard to beat a drivable car with an AC that still works. :D

I guess you don't have to worry about her being safe in a wreck....ha ha!

Guy was in his mid 20s and just had his bike stolen so he was really hot for a new bike. Funny thing is that I was prepared to offer my Hutch for the car...lucky for me he said no because the bike I bought him cost me less than half what my Hutch is worth!

niccccccccccccce!! what a lucky lady! let her know were all chearin her on! do i see some pretty elegant lady like scroll pinstripes in the near future?? hand painted of course 8)

Hmmmmm thats sounds like you got the best side of that deal. You get a title with it?

Joe

yeshoney said:
Hmmmmm thats sounds like you got the best side of that deal. You get a title with it?

Joe

Got the current title and the title from when he bought it down in NC last year. Dont need either for a car this old in RI but still good to have.

Man that is CRAZY I would never get that lucky on a car for one of my daughters, then again I've got 15 years before I have to worry with that. :lol:

YOU SCORED!! SEND US SOME PICS WHEN YA PAINT IT. TELL HER THAT'S A CLASSIC LADY AND SHOULD BE TREATED AS SUCH AS SHE SHOULD BE TREATED ALSO. PEACE

Jake Sensi said:
YOU SCORED!! SEND US SOME PICS WHEN YA PAINT IT. TELL HER THAT'S A CLASSIC LADY AND SHOULD BE TREATED AS SUCH AS SHE SHOULD BE TREATED ALSO. PEACE

Thanks man and she knows the car is a classic lady, she named it Shirley...as in Lavern and Shirley 8)

If she has or gets a boyfriend, MAKE the rule now: HE don't drive it.....UH, I've learned from experience. :cry:

NICE! Got to love vintage cars. Better built, lasts longer, and as far as safty is concerned it'll take out 3 civics, a corolla, and a prius before you scratch the paint. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back