New project: Gossamer the Bike!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used one of my favourite parody logos on the down tube:

7BD7FECC-B878-45E3-A70C-F4BA24224DA5.jpeg

I was going to order repros of the old SECCA side number plates, but at $75 USD and a three week wait, I test fit smaller, rectangular plates. They look better. I will show how they will be mounted soon.

The side plates are black. I am using silver outline Zeronine numbers on them. I may heat punch out a relief bump for the disc brake caliper on the left plate. It’s low enough that the numbers won’t be affected. The relief probably isn’t needed as it is more for noise than anything. The number font on the side plates will be different than the front plate. Why? Why not?!?

Stay tuned for all the weird little details.

The crank is a generic made in China forged crank offered on Amazon that feels good enough. Bought the BB from there, as well. Typed in the specs and was able to get a decent cartridge BB for $22. Finish is fine. Came with an oil slick coloured chain ring for $41; $60-ish in and it should be fine.

The crank is a generic made in China forged crank offered on Amazon that feels good enough. Bought the BB from there, as well. Typed in the specs and was able to get a decent cartridge BB for $22. Finish is fine. Came with an oil slick coloured chain ring for $41; $60-ish in and it should be fine.
You know who LOVES oil slick parts? @RustyGold

:bigsmile:

Object lesson: DO NOT USE A CHEAP CHAIN
Repeat: DO NOT USE A CHEAP CHAIN
Once more for good lesson: DO NOT USE A CHEAP CHAIN
Gossamer did NOT like a cheap chain devoid of honest to goodness rollers. He MOCKED me! Bloody wanker! Tosser! Shirt lifter!!!! Crickey!
In summary: DO NOT USE A CHEAP CHAIN.

Impressions on that Bassett stem? They seem pretty sweet

On the short, clackety test ride, the Basset stem delivers. The anodising is not so opaque that it looks like paint. I am a HUGE fan of their seat tube clamps, and I would equip other bikes with their stems, even going so far as to get rid of the Kink “Leroy Brown” stem that matches the copper pad set on my PK Ripper. It looks nicer than the Knight/Pro Neck. You want something different than the typical? Buy some Bassett components.

Latest posts

Back