New pics 04/28/11 RAT ROD mountain bike!!! :)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When i'm not building or riding my rat rods, i love to go up to Mt. Rainier and tear through the mud!!! :D I've actually been without a mtb for quite awhile, but i recently traded for this 1998 Schwinn Straight 6 :D I'm thinking that later on i might get a set of white rims for it (or maybe red), a white seat, powder coat the frame flat black and add some white "rat rod" pin striping 8)
98schwinn.jpg

Since this photo, i've already got a new white set of handle bars, and a new black 100mm stem. I'll probably get white pedals too.

Re: "rat rod" look for a 1998 Schwinn Straight 6 ???

I had one of those for a while. It rode like crap though so I sold it off. Sweet bikes in their day though.

Mine was the straight 8 with bass boat paint.

s1.jpg

TheFlyingDingo said:
WHY DOES EVERYONE HAVE THE BEST MOUNTIANBIKES HERE?!
!

cause we likE mountain bikes! LOL

here are mine.
canfield2010005.jpg

i also own another canfield bros, a Jedi for downhill riding, i just got it so i do not have pics yet.

we should start a thread "SHOW OFF YOUR MOUNTAIN BIKES'

Oh, OK, I'll play! :mrgreen:
My old trusty steed:

010-4.jpg

I'm down here is mine. I have tore it down twice to sell it and just can't bring myself to do it. I just love my Fuel

P1000032.jpg

Fuels are GREAT bikes.
I did Slick Rock at Moab two years ago on one, and just loved it.

The only good Treks are the ones with ABP. The rest are garage art. Not trying to hate...just saying. Trek was light years behind in suspension design. If you like the old Fuel, you will be AMAZED at how the new bikes ride. Trek FINALLY got it.

Beau said:
The only good Treks are the ones with ABP. The rest are garage art. Not trying to hate...just saying. Trek was light years behind in suspension design. If you like the old Fuel, you will be AMAZED at how the new bikes ride. Trek FINALLY got it.

I bought this late year and of course the next model year came with ABP. I have ridden the new bikes and they are awesome. They are just so expensive now I have upgraded my drivetrain with the exception of the crank to all XTR. To get what I have now I have to buy a EX 9 that is a lot of money and I only paid just over $1300.00 for mine brand new. Don't get me wrong I want one bad. Just gonna have to clear out the garage to get one. lol

Oh I know! I sell them! They are VERY expensive! But ride like the wind! I used to really hate Trek bikes (even though we sell them) but they are awesome!

flatblack50 said:
When i'm not building or riding my rat rods, i love to go up to Mt. Rainier and tear through the mud!!! :D I've actually been without a mtb for quite awhile, but i recently traded for this 1998 Schwinn Straight 6 :D I'm thinking that later on i might get a set of white rims for it (or maybe red), a white seat, powder coat the frame flat black and add some white "rat rod" pin striping 8)
98schwinn.jpg

Since this photo, i've already got a new white set of handle bars, and a new black 100mm stem. I'll probably get white pedals too.

While all the other guys are babbling about there own bikes, I'd like to say that I'm interested in how your bike turns out. That bike has alot of coolness to it and should pretty wild when Ratted out. Hopefully this thread comes back around to your bike and build or atleast bikes based on this same bike, such as Beau's.

Thanks :D I'm also building the pedal powered rat rod pickup for my girlfriend, and a custom 1950's lookin chopper for my self (i plan on the entire bike being about 12 feet long 8) ), so it might be awhile before i actually get the Schwinn done. Acouple bike guys were begging me to leave the bass boat paint on it... but i just gotta "make it mine" ya know? :D

flatblack50 said:
98schwinn.jpg

If you already have white handlebars I would think of painting the fork lowers white also with white pedals. Don't be afraid to throw some red in there too. White Rims red hubs white pedals NICE. Maybe do the rocker arms in white maybe red. That thing is gonna look good flat black good luck with the build.

flatblack50 said:
i plan on the entire bike being about 12 feet long

Who are you .... Andre the Giant's son? :lol: I've built a couple of 11 footers and their monsters! Another foot will probably put the bike in two seperate zip codes when you ride it!

Keep the progress going! I'm definitely keeping an eye on this Freakish thing. :shock:

Huffsta, I like your idea of whitening the lower forks! The white rims and red hub sounds pretty cool also!

I just picked up another mountain bike :) Paid $200 for it, it needs some work, but it turns out that it is a Specialized Enduro Expert!!! Retailed for over $2,000!!! SCORE!!! :)

flatblack50 said:
I just picked up another mountain bike :) Paid $200 for it, it needs some work, but it turns out that it is a Specialized Enduro Expert!!! Retailed for over $2,000!!! SCORE!!! :)

jealous!

I'm FINALLY getting under way with this build...

redrims.jpg
Sorry about the delay... I'm finnaly getting underway with this build :) I just put on a pair of white specialized platform pedals, and it is at the bike shop as we speek getting a new set of rims, CANDY APPLE RED Spank Tweet Tweet rims. I also just picked up new brakes for it, Avid Code 5's (matte black of course), and to match everything, i got a new matt black, full face helmet too. (gotta protect the noggin!). Also, i ordered up some reproduction, white, vintage Schwinn decals.

I'm toying with the idea of using some vintage cruiser parts on it too...
custom5.jpg

custom8.jpg

custom6.jpg

Re: New pics 02/07/11 RAT ROD mountain bike!!! :)

Now the new rims are on, and i also installed the new brakes, a 1954 (reproduction) licence plate and a rear tail light :) I'm working on getting the front light installed...
mb1.jpg

mb2.jpg

mb3.jpg

mb4.jpg

mb5.jpg

mb6.jpg

mb7.jpg

Here are some pics of the reproduction decals i ordered, and a funny warning sticker :)

ebay1.gif

ebay2.jpg

ebay3.jpg

ebay4.jpg

*sub*
Looks like its gunna bike a sweeeet build :D

Latest posts

Back