NEW PHOTO RESIZING FEATURE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
After some discussion about large images not displaying on people's smaller screens I found a forum modification that will automatically resize all photos posted to 800x600. Once the photos load within a post you should see them scale down to the smaller size. If you click on the image it will open in a new window and display at 1024x768.

Hopefully this feature will help those viewing the forum on laptops.

3389177192_6eee25da66_b.jpg

COOL, so now we can just load the super sized pics to our Flickr site or wherever, and post them. Not having to make duplicate smaller sized photos for posting will save a lot of time.

For some reason I keep getting the rat rod bikes logo popping up in a seperate window, maybe this photo thing is causing it. I'm on a Mac though.

necessaryevil said:
For some reason I keep getting the rat rod bikes logo popping up in a seperate window, maybe this photo thing is causing it. I'm on a Mac though.

What browser are you using and what OS are you running on your Mac?

Rat Rod said:
necessaryevil said:

What browser are you using and what OS are you running on your Mac?
I'm computer ignorant, but I think it's leopard or jaguar, one of those big cats :lol:

Safari, whenever I click on the RRB logo to refresh the page, it'll open a small white window with the RRB logo by itself, weird.

Ahhh...crud...looks like it's trying to resize the RRB logo image up top too.

I'll see if we can get that fixed...thanks for the heads up.

Steve,

Looks great using Firefox 3.07 on a Mac G4 and a Mac G5....no logo problems whatsoever.

I had the photo resizing problem using XP under Exploder 7.0 at work, so I'm going to love it now with your wonderful fix!

Jim

Just an FYI...

I think if you are viewing the scaled down photos on a laptop or a pretty small screen (15" and smaller) the tool tries to shrink the photos down even smaller than 800 and then dithering or blurriness takes place.

Doesn't seem to happen on larger screens though where an 800 pixel wide images displays without issues.

Latest posts

Back