NEW KLUNKER IN TOWN

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCR

Mouth-Breather
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Transition-Klunker-white.jpg

Transition-Klunker-2.jpg

Transition-Klunker.jpg

http://mybikestand.com/press-release-tr ... 3-klunker/

http://www.bikerumor.com/2012/10/16/int ... n-klunker/

Looks cool !!!

love this quote

The Klunker features absolutely no technology and is in no way optimized. 4130 chromoly, moto handlebar, DH tires and a coaster brake are all the features you need to rip your favorite trails

No idea right now Robert, I believe these are just the teaser pics. I'm going to guess it 's going to be a dealer thing though, the rest of Transitions bikes are pretty $pendy.

I have a few friends here in town with Transition bikes (about 6 between the 3 of them) they are great bikes, so I wouldn't think this to be any less so.

I wish people would stop posting cool new bikes on here, my "covet" meter is getting into sin range.

The bikes are pretty much an updated worksman design in my opinion :lol: The first klunking video they put out was chicago schwinn frames, a couple worksman frames and I even spotted a taiwan schwinn in there too. These seem to be the "bike shop" versions with "new bike" prices. I think I'm going to build something close to these for RRBBO8 8)

I was thinking of just going with a klunker for my bike in the regular RRBBO8, are you thinking of a Klunker specific build off ? or just a challenge within ... either way ... I accept

thumb_IMG_0119.jpg

Peatbog said:
Is it a clunker if you have a 3-speed and drum brakes front and rear? Just askin'...

RULE #K - do not discuss the definition of the term Klunker (or any sub category or alternate spelling of the term) :roll: :lol:

CCR said:
I was thinking of just going with a klunker for my bike in the regular RRBBO8, are you thinking of a Klunker specific build off ? or just a challenge within ... either way ... I accept

Challenge within the build-off as I am not "top 10" material I prefer internal challenges.

It's on.

Peatbog said:
Oops :oops:

I like the klunker idea though, whatever it or any subcategories of it may be 8) I have a frame that would work also.

I've got to get off the 20" problem I have been having anyway.

Waaaaaait a minute, K is not a number. Is this a trick?

:lol: No tricks and not an official rule either obviously, just staying away from defining something I have no authority over (opinions)

I'm just building a "dirt bike" and calling it a "klunker", like yoothgeye said "with a twist" but definitely klunker inspired from what I've observed :mrgreen:

CCR said:
The bikes are pretty much an updated worksman design in my opinion :lol: The first klunking video they put out was chicago schwinn frames, a couple worksman frames and I even spotted a taiwan schwinn in there too. These seem to be the "bike shop" versions with "new bike" prices. I think I'm going to build something close to these for RRBBO8 8)

Me too........mine will be an urban klunker style though. I've had the frame for a few years and don't want to do any fabrication work this year :)

Latest posts

Back