New guy from Nor Cal

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, brand new, haven't even really lurked yet.... I just found this forum and immediately knew I was in the right place. I'm an EndlessSphere DIY ebike builder, low power pedal assist only all the way up to 7 kW spoke popping direct drive hubs. Most of my builds so far have been 90s MTB stuff until I found a Dyno Moto 7 on my local CL for $75 OBO.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&p=1467001#p1467001
This began the cruiser journey and left me wanting something more stretched out. I just found an Electra Cruiser 1 Tall frame complete bike and am looking forward to learning lots here and building a cool bike.

Matt

IMG_4265.JPG

Nice to see you're home! Love the Dyno hooked you.

Attachments

• 20210104_112641.jpg
    20210104_112641.jpg
    321.5 KB · Views: 88
Well, this is my old GT Palomar. Another CL find that just needed tons of elbow grease, a fair amount of fresh actual grease and a ....-ton of parts. It's my daily commuter with a 1300W Luna Cycles BBS02 mid-drive. Top speed is about 27 mph, range is an easy 25 to 45 miles depending on how much fun I'm having.
IMG_3828_Original.jpg
Then there's this beast.... It's an early 2000s Trek 4300 with a 3600W Crystalyte HS3580 direct drive hub motor. Top speed is 45+ mph. 203mm disc brakes, and enough battery on board to power a LOT of shenanigans. I temporarily pumped it up to 7000W, but couldn't keep up with parts breakage. Torque at that level was popping spokes, and tires and brake pads needed regular replacement. I also couldn't let anyone else ride it at that power level because it was so .... twitchy on the throttle, fun though.....
IMG_1732-3.jpg

IMG_2510_Original.jpg

So this is how my Moto 7 looked the day I adopted it. Was listed on my local CL as an "old dusty mtb cruzer, $85." He took $75 (almost felt bad, almost....)

IMG_2612_Original.jpg

This is after some general cleanup and the initial motor installation. I've kept all the original parts.

Latest posts

Back