NEW FORUM SOFTWARE LIVE

Jul 16, 2019
America's Friendly Hat
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Maybe it's just the volume of posts. When you reposted the Samuel L toy, didn't know that Jake had returned. Important stuff is falling through the cracks! Not a major issue, just brining it to the Honcho's attention

kingfish254

CHECK OUT MY SALE THREAD FOR COOL STUFF!
Pro Member
Aug 31, 2009
Historic Savannah
www.ratrodbikes.com
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Maybe it's just the volume of posts. When you reposted the Samuel L toy, didn't know that Jake had returned. Important stuff is falling through the cracks! Not a major issue, just brining it to the Honcho's attention
You wouldn't have been notified of that because it was a new thread and you hadn't interacted with it.
I just click on the New Posts link and scroll through the threads in BOLD. That means that there is content in them that I haven't seen.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Head Honcho
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
www.ratrodbikes.com
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I don't think volume of posts would effect it. It's one of those options where it either works or it doesn't. I never have used that option myself either so I have no idea whether it works for me or not.

One thing I will say about the back end of the forum software is that it is highly detailed and there are absolutely thousands of options. Unfortunately I don't have the bandwidth right now to investigate all of the subtle nuances of options available and how to adjust them.

Feel free to do some searching on your own about Xenforo 2 and the specific issue and let me know if you find a suggested solution to the issue.

Thanks!

Nov 22, 2011
KS
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like the “views” count has gone missing or reset?
maybe just the build journals?

Last edited:

kingfish254

Pro Member
Aug 31, 2009
Historic Savannah
www.ratrodbikes.com
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
With safari browser the class 1 build journal thread, they show up briefly then a list of members online plus advertisements show up On the right side reducing the thread listings.
Zoom out, it needs more real estate. Browser shouldn't have anything to do with it. The layout auto-adjusts on what it shows based on the real estate available. Been that way from the start. It's just how web pages work. If you are on a phone or tablet, rotating your screen 90 degrees is another option to provide more real estate.

Nov 22, 2011
KS
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zoom out, it needs more real estate. Browser shouldn't have anything to do with it. The layout auto-adjusts on what it shows based on the real estate available. Been that way from the start. It's just how web pages work. If you are on a phone or tablet, rotating your screen 90 degrees is another option to provide more real estate.
Only happening in the class 1 forum. Been working fine until today. The pop up on the right side is the issue.

kingfish254

Pro Member
Aug 31, 2009
Historic Savannah
www.ratrodbikes.com
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Only happening in the class 1 forum. Been working fine until today. The pop up on the right side is the issue.
Have you actually tried zooming out yet? That popup has been there for both Class 1 and Class 2 from the beginning. Trust me on this, you need to zoom out. It's simple. It is working as it should.

Nov 22, 2011
KS
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zoomed out rotated from vertical to horizontal, closed program, logged out and in. All the forum I’ve clicked on show up as they have in past. With the class 1 build journal forum the listings show up momentarily correctly then the pop up on right shows up the simplified view is what you see. That’s a software glitch.

kingfish254

Pro Member
Aug 31, 2009
Historic Savannah
www.ratrodbikes.com
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
That just sounds like a web page loading in sequence to me. I've been seeing that popup since BO15 started and zooming out or rotating always works for me. Nothing more that I can add. Try contacting Steve. Good luck man.

Nov 22, 2011
KS
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That just sounds like a web page loading in sequence to me. I've been seeing that popup since BO15 started and zooming out or rotating always works for me. Nothing more that I can add. Try contacting Steve. Good luck man.
Seems to have fixed or it magically started working correctly again.

Reactions: kingfish254