NEW FORUM SOFTWARE LIVE

Nov 22, 2011
KS
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just had an interesting discovery. Once a thread cracks 1000 views you no longer see how many actual views. It will show 1K from 1000 views all the way 1999.
I’m a data freak. Actual view numbers past 1K would be nice To see, like the old system. “Anal Retentive” according to a previous employment Supervisor.

• Haha
Reactions: Captain Awesome

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Head Honcho
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
www.ratrodbikes.com
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
That seemed to work fine. Different text obviously, but I couldn’t do that at all yesterday.
Thanks for testing.

Unfortunately I have no explanation for it except that maybe the system was running some kind of a back up or process that caused an issue at the time of that first post and it corrupted it.

Let me know if you see it happening again.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Head Honcho
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
www.ratrodbikes.com
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Just had an interesting discovery. Once a thread cracks 1000 views you no longer see how many actual views. It will show 1K from 1000 views all the way 1999.
Should be fixed now.

Contacted the creator of the forum theme and they walked me through changing this setting in the template.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Head Honcho
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
www.ratrodbikes.com
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
@kingfish254 - You're mixing responses now...ha ha.

You responded to my post about making your number view request possible with a comment about a file size error.

My suggestion...stop copying and pasting images into the posts. Use the file attachment system instead. This insures that the images stay in the forum and don't disappear 2 years from now when the link to the pasted images breaks. Thanks!

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Head Honcho
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
www.ratrodbikes.com
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
But if I attach it , it works fine. It appears the Paste file size limit is lower than the Attach file size limit. They used to be the same.
So here are my options for the attachment settings in the dashboard of the forum software...

attachments.jpg

Unless I am missing something, there doesn't appear to be any size options for pasted attachments.

Feel free to research this issue for Xenforo on your own if you have the time and let me know what you find out...otherwise just click on the "Attach files" button to attach images and avoid the error.

kingfish254

CHECK OUT MY SALE THREAD FOR COOL STUFF!
Pro Member
Aug 31, 2009
Historic Savannah
www.ratrodbikes.com
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
So here are my options for the attachment settings in the dashboard of the forum software...

View attachment 121939

Unless I am missing something, there doesn't appear to be any size options for pasted attachments.

Feel free to research this issue for Xenforo on your own if you have the time and let me know what you find out...otherwise just click on the "Attach files" button to attach images and avoid the error.

Thanks Steve, I'll search around. What version of Xenforo are we on?

Jul 16, 2019
America's Friendly Hat
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't know if I am missing alerts. Could be that there is so much going on now. My browsing method is to check all Alerts first, then move on to New Posts. However, I see threads with New Posts that I commented on that didn't get listed in my Alerts.

kingfish254

CHECK OUT MY SALE THREAD FOR COOL STUFF!
Pro Member
Aug 31, 2009
Historic Savannah
www.ratrodbikes.com
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I don't know if I am missing alerts. Could be that there is so much going on now. My browsing method is to check all Alerts first, then move on to New Posts. However, I see threads with New Posts that I commented on that didn't get listed in my Alerts.
Alerts don't work like Facebook here. You aren't automatically signed up for alerts on a thread you commented on. Only on threads that you have selected the Watch feature on. And of course if someone Replies and quotes one of your comments.

Reactions: MattiThundrrr
The Bike Wall BOXKARS Clyde James Cycles