NEW FORUM DISCUSSION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something that I'm thankful this Thanksgiving.....tapatalk is working again.
I rarely used my laptop to log on. Using my droid has been my device.
Having had the troubles that I had, visiting RRB was put aside.
Thanks for the hard work Steve. This is my first Tapatalk post in a real long time.
I'm glad to be back in!!!!!

Haven't tried any of the new features yet but, will be here as a regular again.
JD......yabadaba dooooo!!!!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Just noticed a feature that's not in the new forum.
If you want to PM someone from their Sale post, you can't include the post in the message.

One thing I like, as you scroll down the new posts, you can read the first part of the post without opening it up.

Thanks for spending all your Thanksgiving shopping and enjoying family fun time getting the board working for the rest of us nuts. Having gone thru a board change (old YABB to new YABB2.5) on the 3A page I kinda know what you are going through.

So far no more complaint son my end, I do see we had a spammer join us this AM...(selling IT courses)

So the ability to track previous "participated" forum threads is gone...or how do you access them?

So the ability to track previous "participated" forum threads is gone...or how do you access them?

You should be able to hover your cursor over your username up at the top right of the forum and there will be a profile menu that pops up. Under that menu you will see the "Your Content" option. If you click on that it should show you all of the posts that you participated in.

Let me know if that is what you meant.

I have not looked through the 9 pages since I'm short on time so this may have already been address. I have found that referenced links to the old site return as errors on the new one.

I'm struggling with the search function not providing the results it has in the past. Is there a menu I'm not seeing that allows to search for first post in a topic.

From Google Searches

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=49936&start=60

Internal from pvwako's signature

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=19496

I have not looked through the 9 pages since I'm short on time so this may have already been address. I have found that referenced links to the old site return as errors on the new one.

I'm struggling with the search function not providing the results it has in the past. Is there a menu I'm not seeing that allows to search for first post in a topic.

From Google Searches

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=49936&start=60

Internal from pvwako's signature

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=19496

Right, all old hard links are not going to work. Any threads that you were watching before will show up correctly in the "Watched Threads" section. The search in the upper right works well though.

King,

First this is not a bash just seeking to understand if there is a new way of doing searches I'm not familiar with.

My issue is if I use Google I get better results than if I use the internal search function which provides too many results. Unfortunately google is providing me the links to the thread I'm looking for but it ends up being broken.

When I use the internal search function it gives me a lot of pages of results that are not what I'm looking for.

Before I was able to search for specific threads by searching the member name and original post or first post and it would get me the results I wanted.

Right now I have not found a way to look for all the threads I have started.

Last edited:
It just takes time for the search engines to reindex the new site. It will catch up eventually.

Like the feedback situation, it was another one of those annoyances that I couldn't do much about.

The good news is, search engines are way faster now than they used to be. You'll see their bots scanning the site several times a day.

King,

First this is not a bash just seeking to understand if there is a new way of doing searches I'm not familiar with.

My issue is if I use Google I get better results than if I use the internal search function which provides too many results. Unfortunately google is providing me the links to the thread I'm looking for but it ends up being broken.

When I use the internal search function it give me alot of pages of results that are not what I'm looking for.

Before I was able to search for specific threads by searching the member name and original post or first post and it would get me the results I wanted.

Right now I have not found a way to look for all the threads I have started.

Did you try the main search page? It has more options, including search posts started by member X
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?search/&type=post

Ok, question time. How do I edit a post on the new system, before it was easy and I cannot seem to figure it out now. I can edit a title, or remove a thread tried those both, but I can not figure out how to edit my posts now like if I want to drop a price or delete sold items or add a pic without doing it as a topic reply. Help please... Thanks

Right underneath your post it says:
Edit, Delete, Report
You have to put your cursor over your post for them to show. :)

Right underneath your post it says:
Edit, Delete, Report
You have to put your cursor over your post for them to show. :)
Got it, Thanks. Using an IPad and the posting number and stuff at the bottom looks greyed out but it does allow me at those options, cool!

Latest posts

Back