NEW FORUM DISCUSSION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The two main pages that I would go to in the old forum were "New Threads" and "Your Threads".
I still haven't figured a way to do that here yet. It's easy to see New Posts and Your Posts, but not threads.
It still works on tapatalk

When using Firefox there is no window to type a new post or reply. I had to use IE to write this. The buttons are there to post etc... just no window/field/box whatever to type in.

Hey Randy, let me know what versions of the browsers you are using and what platform....Mac, PC...ancient computer...fairly new, etc.

On the old forum you had the following options up top on the left side...

View unanswered posts • View new posts • View active topics

Here's what I'm getting on Chrome thru Windows XP.

DSCN0451.jpg

I'm ditching their point system...it's goofy and confusing.

I purchased a feedback addon similar to what we had before and I'm waiting for the creator in Europe to give me the download link.
Ok cool! Is it still possible to transfer the old feedback score or no?

On the old forum you had the following options up top on the left side...

View unanswered posts • View new posts • View active topics

My memory is fading already. You're right, the "New" "New Posts" .
I see the difference on the "Your Content" option now. It doesn't show the Replies - Views - Last Message columns on the right like the old "View Your Posts" link did.

Okay...I just put back the option which allows people to switch to the default forum theme.

For those who are having issues seeing reply boxes or anything else that would be considered standard tools, switch over to the standard theme and then try it out.

I'm wanting to see if this is a forum theme issue or a forum software issue.

Go up to your username up on the top right of the forum and then when your user profile panel shows up, click on "Preferences" and then select "Default" as your style.

A little too bright for me , but its not mine, So cool Steve go with it.

Better than the previous red on black that I could hardly make out.

P.S. You can also click where it says fusion on the footer bar and it will let you switch themes between default and fusion(RRB theme).

Hey Randy, let me know what versions of the browsers you are using and what platform....Mac, PC...ancient computer...fairly new, etc.
Sorry Steve. The problem was on my end I guess. A coincidence. I just discovered I evidently got some sort of Ad malware today that was messing up my browser. Now that I've got rid of it I have a window to type in.
Thanks for your hard work. I can't imagine having to make a switch like this. Liking everything I'm seeing so far.

This is where I need smarter people like my programming buddy to help out. I have no idea if it's a theme issue, a forum software issue or something that you have set in your browser. That's why it's important for me to know what browser and operating system is being used so I can determine if there are any connections.

It may also be an issue of the particular user's permissions. Maybe something weird happened to their account during the migration.

Lots of fun things to consider. :confused:

Latest posts

Back