New Ford Bicycle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and I'm sure they will finance one for 5 years for you at 15% if you cant afford one!! (full coverage insurance required for the duration of the loan of course... ) :roll:

I think I'd feel safer on an Izip lol That is one ugly bike and I'd be scared to see the price tag. Better than a government bailout though :p

Peatbog said:
I just got a recall notice on my wife's 1999 Ford pickup.

It seems the gas tank straps have a habit of breaking and dropping the gas tank on the ground. That ain't good no matter how you look at it.

I'm thinking maybe Ford should let bike guys build bikes and instead concentrate on building trucks that don't drop the gas tanks on the ground.

my boss took his in for that recall and found the tank was rusted through too. they wouldn't replace the tank, just the straps.

Guess I'm in the minority on this post but I think both the Ford & Smart bikes are pretty sweet. And anything that gets people back on bikes more seems like a good thing to me. I do agree at those prices you'll see people who can't afford them financing them. Nice to see an American automaker at least thinking outside the box in our constantly changing world.

Crazy design, sure hope they make it better then they do there vehicles, I worked for a dealership for 4 years and my wife still works for them at 11 years, i've always been a GM man.

Maybe in a vintage cruiser style.

At least it's American, and not owned by the government. I have 2 new Fords in the driveway, an 11 F150 for me, and a 12 Focus for the daughter.

Ha. I'm a Ford guy too. I drive a '66 Fairlane. So is most of my family. My mother drives an Explorer, my brother a Ranger, and up until recently my sister had a Mustang. My father also drove Ford trucks for most of his life. If I get a raise this year I want to pick up a new black F450 or F550 to use as my work truck.

Unless hauling tons of bricks or similar duties on a daily basis, I'd go with a 350 over a 550. The difference in maintenance and operating costs, as well as complexity of repairs is not substantial, especially if you go automatic. I say this as the guy who keeps the equipment going at a nursery and landscaping firm that does complete major re-construction of landscapes, everything from hardscape (masonry, boulders, etc.), to regrading, drainage, trees, down to the pansies in the window box.

On the other hand, if you're hauling around 4 tons of steel and gasoline powered welder (or maybe a loader on a trailer) and you're the only one driving it, ignore this slightly OT post. :wink:

lol.. Thanks. Let's just say I don't technically even need a truck, but I want one :wink: And I've fallen in love with the F450s and F550s over the past few months (especially black with a black grill and black wheels.) Just tired of using my Fairlane to drive back and forth to work everyday. It's not the best daily driver..

I am a ford guy thru-n-thru,

My daily driver, a 1964 Ford Fairlane with a 289:

IMG_0008.jpg

My weekend driver, a 1964 Galaxie 500 with a bored and a hot-rodded 428 Super Cobra Jet:

mygalaxie1.jpg

inshane64 said:
Thought you guys might like to see this, its a new bike by Ford: http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2011/09/22/ford-builds-bicycle/

They suck at making vehicles and now they suck at making bikes. I have to admit there vehicles look good but it ends there. The bike is not ugly but come on 15mph top speed that is just poor. What if you have to up a hill? Not to mention that it must be heavy and front wheel drive. Just imagine banking a curve and hitting a wet spot on the road with that front tire.

I do have to give them props for the 302 engine. That is a perfect engine. But then again it was originally built for a chevy. Biggest mistake chevy has made

I'll chime in that I have a 95 Aerostar with 317,000 miles! Supposedly, the engine and trans were rebuilt around 200k. I can't complain, it was cheap, and the ac works! :mrgreen: -Adam

Latest posts

Back