New delorean

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That new manufacturing bill that was passed by the government is really going to open up a lot of possibilities for small limited run car companies.

That new manufacturing bill that was passed by the government is really going to open up a lot of possibilities for small limited run car companies.
Should be interesting to see what else comes of it.

The DeLorean manufacturing has been in the works for at least 8-10 years. I certainly hope that they choose an engine with more grunt than the volvo mill they had originally.

I find it hard to believe that more than a handful of folks are going to pay a ~$100k for a DeLorean without some significant updates :wondering:

Jason

was about to correct you that the engine was a Renalt, but decided to check my memory first.

We are both right ... and wrong. They call it PRV which is a Peugeot-Renault-Volvo joint venture built in the Renault factory. The gear box was also.

But back to the point ... I agree the power plant is quite weak for a 100k car, unless of course it only needs to get to 88 mph. had to do it:bigsmile:

88 is kind of a stretch for the original power plant.
I'm guessing since so many people convert the original to a small block Chevy, that the new ones will probably follow suit.

Latest posts

Back