New daily ride ...Update!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found one of those reproduction Schwinns on Craigslist. I know it's not a neat 'OLD' bike but it is a neat bike. As soon as I took it for a test ride I knew it had to come home with me. I haggled a bit with the owner and ended up getting it for $225. I'm new to this bike stuff so I don't know if that's a good deal or not I just know that since I want it for myself I felt good with the price. He was trying to sell me a couple womens 3 speed bikes to go with it but I really didn't want them. As I was loading up the Schwinn he rolled the other 2 bikes out and said I could just take them. Cool! So now I have 3 more to add to my garage.
BBB2012012.jpg
BBB2012013.jpg
BBB2012014.jpg

These are the others that followed me home in the last few weeks.
pics047.jpg
BBB2012010.jpg
BBB2012011.jpg

Yup.. I'm hooked. My daughter and me just brought home 1 1/2 more today.
BBB2012016.jpg
BBB2012017.jpg
BBB2012018.jpg
I'm still learning about this stuff. The bike with the adjusters on the rear axle I think would be pre war?? I don't know what it is but the serial number is 8H149779. The Schwinn frame number is J020857, Any help will be appreciated. The tires hold air on the complete bike so me and my daughter are going out to put on some miles!!

Re: New daily ride

Cool, looks like youve got your self a nice stable going on! That is a good deal on that schwinn especially with that nexus 7spd as well as those fenders. If you ever come across a early 50's frame and springer fork you can slap those parts on it and repaint them and have a cook vintage ride! :D

Nice finds :wink: Good deal on the Deluxe 7 for $225 8)

WOW,,, the internet has just gotten smaller!!!!!!!!!! Hey, its me Levi from Hondachopper,, We met in North Corolina years ago.

when I saw themotorcycleguy,,, I checked your intro and saw it was you. Welcome to the site, your going to like it here. There are some really talented people building bike here. Also the people on this site are really helpful.

Look out guys, this guy is going to be good at building bikes, I've seen his motorcycles in the the flesh and they were awesome.

welcome aboard

ps. did you ever finish that cbx 6 cyclinder your were going to build?

Hey Levi! How ya been?
Yup, the CBX chopper got finished and the owner already rode it long enough and hard enough that it's waiting for a top end rebuild. I have a couple more 750's in progress.
Getting into these bicycles has been a refreshing change. First there's the health benefits [My doctor made me do it] and then there's the simplicity factor. I'm not saying that just anyone can re-build or customize an old bike but there are a lot fewer parts and I can have one on the road in day's instead of months. I haven't done anything radical with a bicycle [yet] but I have learned my way around with the ones I have. Until a few weeks ago I never knew how a coaster brake worked!
I'll keep playing with my motorcycles but now I also have to find time and room for bikes. I spent all morning putting wheel bearings in the front of my wifes car so now it's time to reward myself. I know where there's a real trashy pre war bike sitting I can get for a song.
This is becoming an addiction.

Awesome deal, great additional score on the other bikes, 8)

Latest posts

Back