new build off idea ..

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looking good troy.
the boardtrack is a all time rat rod favorite.
looks like i might have to step my game up a bit lol.
i do have a couple issues i ran into of which i need to discuss.
first off my rear tire doesn't work it rubs on the fender.
and my forks im just not feeling it with the grey ones so i took some pics of what i wanna use if it is ok to swap them out..
first off the tire is this snake belly pattern cheapie tire.

and second these are the forks i wanna swap with my grey ones they fit better and look better to me.

other then that everything is going ok other then the common issues of parts needing cleaned and whatnot.
i got a few ideas to make this more unique but before i let my secrets out i gotta make sure it will work as planned..

good luck troy
Sean

sorry to here about the tire! heading to work tomorrow was thinking of maybe working on it a little in station :lol:

Troy

can't wait to see how you fix the tire and forks

thanks troy
i actually did get the original tire to work i just had to wrangle it in a bit
im also gonna use the forks i already have after looking at it i decided i can make it work
so no parts changes yet lol
the only things i got done yesterday was removing the sprocket from the cranks to clean it and tearing it back dawn and got the rear fender mounted
so its going a lil slow lol
thanks troy
Sean

s i got a lil more work done
almost finished got the rear fender mounted the crankset mounted and chain installed
almost there but still more work to do
heres what i got so far

greased all the bearings and put the hardware on

might be using these grips

close up of the fender

might add tis license plate to the build these plates were off my wifes old cat and been used as a window cover for awhile

more tonight
enjoy
sean

cool!! that thing is looking great!! had a few set backs like a messed up gooseneck but will have some pics tonight!!! O.K. the mystery of the day, what is to big for a 26" tire and to small fro a 27" tire???? I don't know but its the rims on the Austrian bike I am building on any clue as to what size they are? sooo I will be converting to 26 inch rims they are shorter but should be able to get the brakes to work I hope

Troy

finished front end, uhm oops

the 2 piece crank

the one in the front takes a 26" tire the one in the back a 27" so whats in the middle Austrian made and its marked Velo I think

Troy

cool deal troy
sounds like they may be metric wheels i have never seen them but i know they do exist
where te bikes from a foreign country that would be my guess.
the stem problem i had a similar issue with another bike
sorry for all the setbacks but it will work out in the long run
as far as mine goes it is finished!!
i tweaked all the pieces and greased everything and inflated the tires mounted the front fender cleaned it and took it for a quick ride
so with that being said heres my finished build i call it recycler

breakdown of parts as follows
frame 1969 amf flying wedge been sitting in the weeds foreever 0 dollars and 0 cents
handlebars off junk huffy i parted out bike was free 0 dollars and 0 cents
front fork off huffy atb that i parted out freebie 0dollars and 0 cents
front wheel off ghost rider sting ray scrapped freebie 0 dollars and 0 cents
tire and tube also from ghost ridr bike freebie 0 dollars and 0 cents
headset bearings off the huffy atb freebie 0 dollars and 0 cents
seat post original flying wedge seatpost
seat off huffy bike parted out i got for free
rear fender flying wedge fender
front fender a bobbed cruiser fender from a previous build bike cost 0
crankset bearings and front sprocket from harley bike i parted out another freebie
chain original flying wedge chain cleaned and lubed
rear wheel/tire/tube off next turbo i parted again freebie
grips mismatched i had lying around off freebies
license plate off my wifes old car
front axle off a huffy rim freebie
total cost o dollars and 0 cents

congrats!! I head to work tomorrow but will finish up the day I get home will Use some 26" rims should look cool!!!! See ya in 2 days!!

Troy

so Sean, I think I'm done!!! :D

the tires and the bike they came off a yard sale gitane from last year!

the 3 speed cable donor

and here he is!!!!

so the seat is an old Schwinn BMX seat
the Tires are in really good shape and I got the Gitane because of them.
the Western auto 24" girls bike donated the 3 speed shifter, cable, cable housing clamp, cable roller bracket, and the little thread on lever pull thing on the end of the axle.
set back seat post was a set of snail bars that have been lying around for ever unk. origin
the goose neck came out of a box of parts that were given to me along with a bunch of BMX stuff not sure what its off of.

thats all the scrounged parts that were not on the bike! was able to free up the old brake cables and even reuse them :D total cost 0 dollars and cents :lol: :lol: took it for about a 3 mile shake down cruze with no break downs :shock: this thing is a blast to ride :lol: :lol: is a new rider in my stable!!!!!! can't wait to take it on the 10 mile loop and see how the 3 speed handles the hills :D :D

Troy

Sean,
an excellent build off will have to do it again next year!! :D Love your bike those frames are real cool and happen to know were one is thats for sale, will have to go check it out a little better :D

Troy

burrkrayecycles said:
looks aesome troy!!!!!!
congrats it came out excellent
no how do we get voting setup?
new thread or do we contact mod to have them do it?
let me know
sean
not sure? will do some asking around

Troy

Do you have this option when you start a new thread?

poll.jpg

Latest posts

Back