new build off idea ..

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey guys I know we just finished BB8 but is anyone into setting a no money build start date?

Troy

heya jats
im up for it im looking for a frame to use but i should be able to put something together i just dismantled 7 bikes so parts are a plenty for me just need to find a frame
im up for it though ill let you know when i find a worthy frame
Sean

burrkrayecycles said:
heya jats
im up for it im looking for a frame to use but i should be able to put something together i just dismantled 7 bikes so parts are a plenty for me just need to find a frame
im up for it though ill let you know when i find a worthy frame
Sean[/quote
Hi Sean!!!!
cool Think I got one picked but need to get a better look will dig it out !! and start a rusty part pile!!

Troy

i found one i think i have a flying wedge thats been build torn down built torn down sold built torn down lol
maybe i can use that for another buildup of it
its been spraybombed with black primer is that ok?
i think i spent a total of 99 cents on the paint lol ill post pics of he frame once i dig it out
Sean
also ill make a parts pile to see what im gonna use and whatnot

sounds great! Im startin to scrounge for tires have given up on matching and need to look in the barn rafters for one i'm sure is up there :lol: will try and get pictures today

Troy

ok here is what i got so far
first off my frame thats bee build and built numerous times so what better deserving frame then one thats been thru alot of builds
my 1969 amf flying wedge frame

as i said it was spraybombed but not recently bike was a freebie and paint was i think 99 cents but i did use most of the paint on my boat so technically it was leftover and 00 cents on htis build is this gonna be ok?

next up my parts i have as of right now mini apes from a huffy seat and post original post from the wedge seat is off a 1970 huffy
front wheel is 18 inch sting ray ghostrider bike rear wheel is off next turbo/rhino bike20 inch
crankset is from a mongoose hoop d front forks i have 2 im considering my first choice is the original flying wedge forks but i seem to recall these had an internal issue so i have these huffy atb forks from a 26 inch wheel bike im including as my second choice. chain is from another bike cant recall exactly
i might have more as i dig thru my parts but heres my starting point providing my frame choice is accepted

i also might be using one of these white tires in te pic sorry my pics re gritty i'll get better ones

looks cool dude!! got called into work so it will be a couple days before I get back!! sorry

Troy

more parts im gonna be using i changed the cranks and sprocket to a cooler one since the one i chose is warped
i also added some pegs fenders and a speedo and dash panel i got form kingfish awhile back actually now that i think about it i cant use the dash because i bought it but i can use the speedo i got it in a trade
im also gonna use the messinger seat i got awhile back
so here,'s my additional parts minus the gold colored dash panel

sweet !!!!!!! can't wait to get home tomorrow and get some pics of my parts and frame!!! am worried about tires but will just have to dig deep in the junk pile!!! thanks Sean!! how long you want to go on the build time? a month?

Troy

heya jats
yeah a month is plenty of time im just bolting stuff on probably not gonna do much painting so that's plenty of time
i might have a couple tires if you need them tell me what you might be needing and i can ship them to you
sean

Thanks for the tire offer Sean!! got a set hanging in the barn!! so here is my frame and parts :!: :!:

Tires

will dig the frame out and collect them tomorrow!!

the bars I think I will use

the bike

And last but not least my new and used cable box!! will use old cables if I cant get the ones to work on the bike. will post any used parts that I might need before I use them!! this will be fun! and I have been looking at doing something with this bike for a while!!

Ready to go? :D :D :lol: :lol:

Troy

oh on the paint its cool!! you all ready have it and it was from another project!! I have some watco oil was going to use (think it is actually tongue oil) first gonna have to get this bike apart !!

Troy

heya troy
that bike looks sweet perfect beginning
this is gonna be awesome
i have been wanting to do something with that wedge as well its been built and rebuilt so many times its time to give it a permanent buildup
gonna be fun
i get off work at 10 am tomorrow so i will probably begin cleaning re greasing ect.
oh and btw that speedo is a no go i broke the cable by accident when i was cleaning my shed
so i could mount it but it won't be functional so im just gonna nix it
good luck troy and thanks this is something i been wanting to try for awhile win or lose it will still be fun
will post pics of my progress as i go along

Sean

ok here is what i got as of right now
the originsl forks were no good so i went with my second choice which was these grey atb forks
my wife had to swap the front axle with another axle form a junk wheel ( pics posted soon) due to the original axle being too thick and cracked
so now that i got the front wheel sorted and the forks working i have a rough idea of what its gonna look like
the front wheel needs to be trued a bit and i still have to get the drivetrain up and working so this is far from done but this is generally what im gonna go with
so now im gonna call it a day for now

next step is cleaning and greasing bearings ect and testing the fenders for fitting.
also will take better pics as this ones a tad gritty
Sean

threw mine in the rack and pb blasted it!! hope to get a tear down tomorrow! and a good cleaning will post a mock up also. thanks Sean for playing!!!!

Troy

it's all good troy
yeah i gotta clean mine up a bit still that frame has sat in the weeds like forever before i dug it out for this build
i'll post more pics of assembly when it begins
right now im just greasing and cleaning and making sure everything will work
good luck troy
sean

Hi Sean,
so hear it is how I think I'm going Board tracker look with a set back seat post cut from a snail bar saw someone do this on the forums can't remember who though :!:

the neck is cool on this thing! only one bolt for the stem and bars :lol:

the seat on it was only repairable if I bought rivits so new old seat!

back to cleaning and greasing

Troy

Fun to watch Guys!

Momma JATS

Latest posts

Back