New Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
P1010119.jpg

P1010118.jpg

P1010162.jpg

P1010129.jpg

P1010130.jpg

Hello everyone,
I have been viewing this site for quite some time now and decided to do a bike of my own. I believe it to be a Elgin or at least that is what I was told and I am going with it. The frame, seat, fork, goose neck, rear fender, and handle bars came to me as a very rusty set. I made the top gas tank and various other parts such as the velocity-stack and rear fin. As you can see the tank under the rear seat is for storage. The lights are functional and actuated by a toggle switch under the seat storage tank. The brake and clutch levers came from a high end early Fuji Mountain bike and were a great find for this project. I have no idea what kind of bike the chain guard came from but if any one can enlighten me I would appreciate it. I like the look of the chain guard and it too was a great find. The head light is a earlier Miller. The bike rides great and is very solid. Hope you enjoy looking at it as much as I do.
Chuck
Atascadero, CA
caslguy

Great looking bike. It has a real classic look, I like what you did with the fuel tank and the storage tank under the seat. I have not yet built a motored bike but I have some ideas. I have an old Reo engine and some frames to start with. One thing that I thought was very interesting, was the third photo on the bridge. It is very well composed and it is very familiar, it is about 5 blocks from my house. It's fun to know that there is another rat roder in my town. Do you ever ride around the lake? Good job on the bike.

In His service
BTR

borntoride said:
Great looking bike. It has a real classic look, I like what you did with the fuel tank and the storage tank under the seat. I have not yet built a motored bike but I have some ideas. I have an old Reo engine and some frames to start with. One thing that I thought was very interesting, was the third photo on the bridge. It is very well composed and it is very familiar, it is about 5 blocks from my house. It's fun to know that there is another rat roder in my town. Do you ever ride around the lake? Good job on the bike.

In His service
BTR
Thanks for the comments. I assume the you live in A-town too. If you would like to share notes email me your number to [email protected].
Chuck

wheelbender6 said:
That's a beauty. Did you build the fuel tank? Like the light brackets too.
Thanks for the comments yes, I constructed every thing on the bike.
Chuck

Latest posts

Back