New American-Made 20" Girls Bike?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That will be hard to find in that size. Besides custom high dollar bikes, Worksman Cycles is one of the only manufactures left. Worksman only manufactures 26" bikes though.

Hmmm... this is interesting. You can find adult bikes made in USA, but new children's bikes pretty much all come from China. I've got enough older kids bikes that I can see the progression in the labels:"Made in USA" "Assembled in USA" "Designed in USA made in _______" then finally "Made in China."

As for the BMX front, that's a good idea, I'd ask Porkchop BMX about this, you can fill out a form on his website and he's really good about getting back to you.

OK, here's a list of American BMX companies: http://americanmadebmx.com/

Obviously these will all be boy frames, but the existence of girls frames nowdays confuses me anyway. The "step through" design as people are trying to call it now was originally made with the lower top bar so that when women rode bikes their dresses would not be up on the top bar making a very un-lady like spectacle. Being that nearly no girls still ride bikes wearing dresses, seems kind of silly that that frame style still exists.

Latest posts

Back