New Age Hawthorne -- LIGHTS, CAMERA, ACTION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Age Hawthorne -- Gosh it's hot...

Looks freakin cool!! Is this inspired by fordsnakes "mofaux"? That's my favorite bike of all time!!

I love the contrast!
Looks great :mrgreen:

D'stressing is looking good.

With some amazing polished or machined options in anything goes, the look you are coming with is an encouragement to anyone starting out that seeing the potential result can be from a whole other direction.

Looking sweet and fast!
Are you going to use those art deco side panels?

Toeslider said:
Decided to break out the spray cans after all and give the tank a 3 way "heat stress" fade:

nah35.jpg

Tank back together to see what it will look like:

nah36.jpg

Tank mocked up with chain guard in frame:

nah37.jpg
The tank looks great, the heat stress idea is perfect!

Not sure if I can get all this stuff to play nice together, but this Huffy ten speed chain ring looks at home with these hubs, don't you think?

nah38.jpg

nah39.jpg

Nicer if I can get the second chain ring off without ruining it, but if it has to stay, no biggie...

It looks ok on it, i'd see if I could get it one color, either black or silver.

Nice, I like that chain ring! 8)

Looks fast sitting still.
Nice work!

Couple minor updates and I'm done...leaving town and don't have a cool trailer to take my project with me like Luke, so into the finished forum it goes!

Found the amber lights for the bars I originally intended to use, I wanted them to be turn signals:

nah50.jpg

Made a tag to cover up the dent where the factory riveted the chain guard support. It says "Experimental".

nah51.jpg

Found some cool bezels for the front headlight bulbs. They're actually shock bushings.

nah52.jpg

Latest posts

Back