New Age Hawthorne -- LIGHTS, CAMERA, ACTION

Jul 13, 2012
Re: New Age Hawthorne -- Gosh it's hot...

Looks freakin cool!! Is this inspired by fordsnakes "mofaux"? That's my favorite bike of all time!!

Jul 17, 2012
Qld, Australia

D'stressing is looking good.

With some amazing polished or machined options in anything goes, the look you are coming with is an encouragement to anyone starting out that seeing the potential result can be from a whole other direction.

Dec 11, 2011
Central Ohio

Probably not, but I'm going to wait and see when it's back together again what looks good and what doesn't.

The Renaissance Man

__CERTIFIED DIVER__ (Open Water & Open Dumpster)
Pro Member
Nov 24, 2012
The Tropics of Alabama

Toeslider said:
Decided to break out the spray cans after all and give the tank a 3 way "heat stress" fade:

Tank back together to see what it will look like:

Tank mocked up with chain guard in frame:

The tank looks great, the heat stress idea is perfect!

Dec 11, 2011
Central Ohio

Not sure if I can get all this stuff to play nice together, but this Huffy ten speed chain ring looks at home with these hubs, don't you think?

Nicer if I can get the second chain ring off without ruining it, but if it has to stay, no biggie...

Dec 11, 2011
Central Ohio
Couple minor updates and I'm done...leaving town and don't have a cool trailer to take my project with me like Luke, so into the finished forum it goes!

Found the amber lights for the bars I originally intended to use, I wanted them to be turn signals:

Made a tag to cover up the dent where the factory riveted the chain guard support. It says "Experimental".

Found some cool bezels for the front headlight bulbs. They're actually shock bushings.

Members online

The Bike Wall BOXKARS Clyde James Cycles