BO15 a short "Sketchy" ride video.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20200603_183112168_HDR.jpg

Still playing with this thing. Could call it "Leg Day" but I'm leaning towards "StretXerciser" still class two... So I swapped the plastic disked wheel for the Deluxe Chrome, bars gotta go, won't need them where I'm thinking of going. Just not sure if it's buildoff material...

GC.

Last edited:
Reminds me of the Pushmi-Pullyu from Dr. Doolittle.

Reminds me of the Pushmi-Pullyu from Dr. Doolittle.
Thanks. I did think of that too!
I just can't decide which way to go, a big part of me still wants to do the Neutron Bomber. I'm stuck in a rut. I don't know if it's a motivation thing or if I'm just too busy trying to catch up with all the other stuff life throws at us.

Carl.

View attachment 124026

Still playing with this thing. Could call it "Leg Day" but I'm leaning towards "StretXerciser" still class two... So I swapped the plastic disked wheel for the Deluxe Chrome, bars gotta go, won't need them where I'm thinking of going. Just not sure if it's buildoff material...

GC.
This thing reminds me of:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Showboat_(dragster)
You can build a front wheel dragster bike with this :eek: If you are not doing this I will.

ca5e774cfaba82aa480ee0d93377f64e.jpg

:thumbsup:

Well @BartRidesEternal, if I did get another piece of a step thru frame to do the back half, I could very easily put a seat on a fork and steer it swing bike style. But I have a feeling it would take a circus performer to be able to handle it!

GC.

My threads got guitars and exercise bikes and jibber jabber, but nothing of the bike I'm building so here's some pics from today. The last ride as Little Neutrino. I still need to get some tubing but I feel like I have plenty of time.

IMG_20200622_140917.jpg
IMG_20200622_140014.jpg
IMG_20200622_140501.jpg
IMG_20200622_140539.jpg
IMG_20200622_140845.jpg
IMG_20200622_141943.jpg

GC.

Last edited:
Farewell Little Neutrino . Great bike riding off into the sunset. Just about to get hit with some gamma rays to become a super hero.

Ok so I've started on the wooden buck.
Roughed out my disks with a sawzall.
Next will be smoothing out the curves.
IMG_20200628_144357535.jpg
IMG_20200628_145905111_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200628_171813813_HDR.jpg

Went for a pic with my buddy and may have found another project. I've wanted to do a donkey bike ever since I saw @irzouts build yrs ago, and then @deven_science build more recently.
IMG_20200628_170515.jpg

Half the work is done for me!

GC.

Last edited:
...looking for advice on the type of steel tubing I should be looking for...

I think you are gonna need the thinnest wall you can get away with, and count on the shape to provide strength. Then weld carefully. Here's a link to various wall thicknesses of 1 inch steel tubing, the first three listings are.049, .065, .85 and .95 wall respectively.
https://www.mcmaster.com/tubing/met... and 1/2" is .042, 3/4" is .049 and 1" is .57

Last edited:
I think you are gonna need the thinnest wall you can get away with, and count on the shape to provide strength. Then weld carefully. Here's a link to various wall thicknesses of 1 inch steel tubing, the first three listings are.049, .065, .85 and .95 wall respectively.
https://www.mcmaster.com/tubing/met... and 1/2" is .042, 3/4" is .049 and 1" is .57
I still haven't picked up any tubing but I've got an idea of what I need. Thanks for the input. I'll be bending a pair of teardrops and they should be strong. But I was schooled as an electrician and I've bent so much conduit, sure the pipe will bend but that's too weak for me. I can bend conduit with my bare hands, no, and I definitely don't want galvanized. No patina? I need some nice 7/8" mild steel not thinwall. Easy to weld and will match what the original frame was made of. I really wish I could braze it to match the og, but I don't have a brazing rig and was never too good at it 45 yrs ago in High School :crazy:

GC.

Did I work on my build today? No...
But I did this!
IMG_20200712_201856891.jpg

I'm gonna call it "Sketchy" because there's a bit of play in the steering right now and I ran out of wire for my welder and it's only pinned together. So I gotta get some wire and a turnbuckle for it but woohoo I went for a short and scary ride today just to see if I could.

GC.

Did I work on my build today? No...
But I did this!
View attachment 128809
I'm gonna call it "Sketchy" because there's a bit of play in the steering right now and I ran out of wire for my welder and it's only pinned together. So I gotta get some wire and a turnbuckle for it but woohoo I went for a short and scary ride today just to see if I could.

GC.
I love it! I have wanted to build one of these, but I know that I would hurt myself.

Latest posts

Back