NERRB Peaks Island Maine ride

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Ian ,you got the funniest excuses...
NO ,wait !? Congrats!
I will be available that date...Stevil

Just started a new job last month and yesterday we got our Saturday rotation schedule. Of course I have to work August 15th.

I can probably change with somebody if that date is set in stone. I'll be really sad if I miss this one.

You did. You put this same vid in
all the threads I look at. Thanks,ZL for that.
Stevil

Okay so I think that The Uhaul plan is a good one. Was just checking out those sites. there is one about 8 miles from where I am and the one in Portland is just shy of a mile from the ferry terminal so I think this could work. I am hellbent on getting a place on the island just because it would be less of a hassle if we were riding the next day. I'm going to make some phone calls tomorrow and at least check out prices. I wanted to get a house that sleeps like 6 or 7 and whoever wants to stay we could all pitch in.That would make the price more managable . Not sure if there is camping out there or not. I however would like to sleep in a comfy bed :). So Dan..how soon would you know if you could take that weekend off? Its still a long way away. I would hate to have you miss it. Oh and Congratulations Ian!!!

Jane,

I'm pretty sure I can swap with somebody. There is plenty of notice now. But I'll wait until you book it so that way it won't change again.
Ok cool. I just spoke to a realtor on the phone. She is going to email me anything thats available on that weekend. I also told her to send me anything for other dates in August or even beginning of September as well in case those dates were booked. I checked out alot of places on my own and most of them are filled up for August already. So everyone sit tight and I will let you know what I find out.

Ok cool. I just spoke to a realtor on the phone. She is going to email me anything thats available on that weekend. I also told her to send me anything for other dates in August or even beginning of September as well in case those dates were booked. I checked out alot of places on my own and most of them are filled up for August already. So everyone sit tight and I will let you know what I find out.
Any updates jane?

I think we need a ride soon [emoji1]
c457af989c796872351cd36a383e9f5b.jpg

748f99ab46324565091f92b595cbb8a7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay so I found a place to rent on the island. Have to rent it for a whole week. Pretty reasonable $850. The dates are Sunday August 9th to Sunday August 16. So what I need to know before I go ahead and book it is who is definitely coming for the weekend?
Any updates jane?
Yeah... just not sure about how this is all going to work. Alot of places are already booked..found one house that was available but have to rent it for entire week which is Sunday 9th to Sunday 16th. Sleeps 6. its $850 for the week plus $300 security deposit. Not sure how it would work. I could go out for the entire week but that leaves me there alone midweek so...not sure I want to do that. So I guess my question is...Who is coming for the weekend ? And is there anyone that wants to come earlier in the week and spend more time there riding because if I am obligated for the whole week I would like to have someone to hang out with. Shawn has an extended cab pickup so that might eliminate the need for a Uhaul. he can put all the bikes in back and can hold 6 passengers.Because of his job he thinks he can only be out there the first Sunday and Monday and come back out the following Friday night or Saturday which is our planned ride. There is alot to think about. So who is in for the weekend and is there anyone who can come earlier in the week? I hope this is not too confusing. If you have any questions please message me on here. I am thinking it might be way less complicated to just do the Kennebunk ride but if we can all figure this out maybe we can make it happen.

Def the 15/16 weekend,and will see about couple more days,like Thursday, friday.
Jane,thanks for planning this...Stevil

Latest posts

Back