NERRB Northampton, Mass Nightlife Ride 2 Saturday October, 18th

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm out.

I have a race the next morning. The Badasslon. I'm not gonna miss an opportunity to race a mountain bike and shoot a pellet gun cuz I stayed up too late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Polyester Ride!
Heres a nice one...
NB0pnT8.jpg

Heres a nice one...
NB0pnT8.jpg

My goodness, does that bring back memories or what! We went to the discos in suits similar to that (powder blue suit w/white shirt, pizza hat and platform shoes) in the 70’s. Dressed like that back then it was fairly easy to pick-up a date to go dancing with, dressed like that today and you couldn’t even pick-up a cold!

My goodness, does that bring back memories or what! We went to the discos in suits similar to that (powder blue suit w/white shirt, pizza hat and platform shoes) in the 70’s. Dressed like that back then it was fairly easy to pick-up a date to go dancing with, dressed like that today and you couldn’t even pick-up a cold!

:confused:What, pray tell is a pizza hat???? I Googled it and all that came up was pizza Hut o_O So then I looked it up in Wikipedia ..Not there either :confused:. Do you have a Pizza Hat? Is it made out of pizza? Can you eat it??? Do you have a picture of one???? I have never seen a pizza hat in my whole life!!!!:arghh: I never knew one existed until this very moment and now I'm sad :(.

So is it official? October 18th, 5 PM? Who is planning to go? Trina and I are wanting to ride and we have to make reservations soon. Who all is going?

This is homecoming weekend at my sons school and I volunteered to do a bunch of stuff until the early evening, sadly it looks like I won't be able to make this ride. BUT if you are staying over night and would like to do breakfast on Sunday morning I would love to come up and grab some chow and then go a for a ride on the trail. Anyone else down for this?? Ian, Jose Stevil or ??? the rest of the crew?

Joe

By my count we still have half dozen riders for Saturday. I might be
up for on overnight if room fees are reasonable. And a Sunday
breakfast run (a fourth this year ?) with Joe mandatory:crazy:...Stevil
PS: I wanna see ZL's pizza hat.

By my count we still have half dozen riders for Saturday. I might be
up for on overnight if room fees are reasonable. And a Sunday
breakfast run (a fourth this year ?) with Joe mandatory:crazy:...Stevil
PS: I wanna see ZL's pizza hat.

I'm definitely in for the breakfast ride! Trina's in too since we are both staying overnight anyway.

:confused:What, pray tell is a pizza hat???? I Googled it and all that came up was pizza Hut o_O So then I looked it up in Wikipedia ..Not there either :confused:. Do you have a Pizza Hat? Is it made out of pizza? Can you eat it??? Do you have a picture of one???? I have never seen a pizza hat in my whole life!!!!:arghh: I never knew one existed until this very moment and now I'm sad :(.
On the subject of the Pizza Hat, it was a large brimmed hat 12-14” in diameter, however, it’s fashion history was short during the early Disco Era, it’s “hipness” lasting only a couple of months during the fall of 1973ish: white was The-In-Color at that time, so I wore a white polyester leisure suit, with white shirt (unbuttoned at the top of course)and vest, the white pizza hat and white platform shoes and white socks ( :eek: HOLY $%#* – did I really ware THAT!!!).

Hay, my friends and I were in collage at the time, so on the weekends when we all got together, we went BIG! If by chance, I find the one photograph of me in the outfit taken by my younger sister, I’ll post it, but please, promise to keep the laughter down to a quiet roar. :oops:

On the subject of the Pizza Hat, it was a large brimmed hat 12-14” in diameter, however, it’s fashion history was short during the early Disco Era, it’s “hipness” lasting only a couple of months during the fall of 1973ish: white was The-In-Color at that time, so I wore a white polyester leisure suit, with white shirt (unbuttoned at the top of course)and vest, the white pizza hat and white platform shoes and white socks ( :eek: HOLY $%#* – did I really ware THAT!!!).

Hay, my friends and I were in collage at the time, so on the weekends when we all got together, we went BIG! If by chance, I find the one photograph of me in the outfit taken by my younger sister, I’ll post it, but please, promise to keep the laughter down to a quiet roar. :oops:
Oh, I SOOO want to see that picture!!! Cant promise I wont laugh though :rofl:

Still looking – my wife was in shock when I told her (laughed uncontrollably really) – uncharacteristic of me she said – funny how many iterations we go through in life.

Well, I haven’t been able to find it (it’s amazing how much stuff we accumulate over a lifetime) but, I did find some early childhood photographs that I didn’t know I had, plus, some love letters from my then GF, then fiancé, now good wife of over 34-years (sorry, but I’m not going to post them!)

Hoping the Pizza Hat pic hasn’t been lost over time.

Well, I haven’t been able to find it (it’s amazing how much stuff we accumulate over a lifetime) but, I did find some early childhood photographs that I didn’t know I had, plus, some love letters from my then GF, then fiancé, now good wife of over 34-years (sorry, but I’m not going to post them!)

Hoping the Pizza Hat pic hasn’t been lost over time.

Having little, if nothing to do with any of this...I thought of you Jose when I saw this..

That was pretty funny Jane, thanks!

I had one elementary school teacher that thought my name was spelled Hose A. :confused:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back