NERRB Mrs. Murphy's Donuts Ride August 30th

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in for donuts! (I suppose that means I should be in for the ride too.) I'll have my build-off bike with me, but I'm not sure if it'll be the one I ride. The gearing, distance, and number of donuts previously consumed may not form a harmonious relationship. I'll take it for a run this week and see how it shakes out.
Anywho, that bike shop we talked about is just at the top of the hill across the street from the donut shop. I saw it on the way home last time.

We'll definitely stop there, I know which shop your talking about.

Anybody wanna sell a 26" rear wheel (or set) either Bendix or Komet? I need to get my Spaceliner rolling!

Last edited:
The weather looks great for this ride on Saturday! :)

We'll definitely stop there, I know which shop your talking about.

Anybody wanna sell a 26" rear wheel (or set) either Bendix or Komet? I need to get my Spaceliner rolling!

I have a wheel set from a Spaceliner. I'll bring it up for you.

decisions decision ....

IMG_20140825_191621_088_zpsa06bf30f.jpg

Nothing better than having to choose what toy to play with in the sandbox, when there are no bad options! :)

Can't decide. They're all coming! Heck, I'm bringing four people to ride (including me), which means only one will sit in the 'Burb all day.

Maybe I should bring Devilwing, too. She's not in too good a shape but it'd be nice to let peeps see her.

We'll see what fits.

Okay, so I took my build-off bike for a run on Tuesday. First of all, Ian, those coke bottle grips are phenomenal! It's like having super comfy slim-line shock absorbers built into the handlebars. Anywho, I took it on a 22 mile run up to Adams and back. At around the 15th mile the bottom end started to squeal a bit. I rebuilt it today with a new type of bearing grease, but without giving it another run, I'll probably be riding something else on Saturday. I'll bring it with me and probably tool around the parking lot before we get going, but proven reliability and comfort are looking like they may win out. We'll see. It'll be a last minute decision.

So as a quick teaser, I will post this clandestine snapshot of the Hack 'N' Tack Hot Rod cruiser I may ride instead.

Chem, so glad you like the grips. Feedback like that's makes it all worth it.

By the way guys, white ball end grips have been molded. I should have em this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea Guys,bring your parts to swap ,for sure.Joel,I got 64 teeth for you.
Ian,cash for you and Skip I have high praise on that collection.Jeff...
just bring that sunshine:bigboss::crazy: ...Stevil

My bike is ready! See you at 9!

Latest posts

Back