Need some info and a little advice (dolomite, hitch, malus or gravity )

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been wanted to buy a Dolomite but I can't find a good deal on them anywhere. I did see that Walmart is selling a "Hitch" for $226.00. Are they they same bike just different colors? I can't find any info on it.

Also can you guys suggest for my first fat tire should I buy the hitch ($226.00)? THe dolomite for around $325.00. The Malus for $250.00. Or just fork out the money fro a Gravity 2015 bullseye monster for $499.00.

Me:
5'10'
Casual rider (Mainly cruising)
Area: lake Tahoe, CA
Mechanically inclined since I intend to do some slow mods over time.

Thanks so much in advance!
-Bishop

Thank Toeslider for the effort but as I'm finding all over the net... Dolomite = out of stock and "Not sold in stores" either.

I think I got luck y and found a guys selling a Vinson for $450.00 "brand new." So I think I'll buy that one :)

With over 1000 models of fat bikes on the market now at every price point, it doesn't make financial sense to buy a cheaper bike if you intend to upgrade it.

With many products, especially bicycles, there is a dimminishing point of return, ie, you get less and less improvement for the more you spend. But at the low end, it really matters in bikes.

Ok, so I have a Dolomite.
Its very heavy, and if you really plan on riding it, you'll end up replacing the brakes and cockpit at a minimum.

Last weekend, I saw a guy riding a bikesdirect fat bike. It was ridiculously light compared to the Mongoose. Like normal bike weight.

I wish I would have waited and saved more for one, the Dolomite is not a practical bike for riding long term.

One thing to look at if you go bikesdirect fat bike, if you ever plan on upgrading to the brutus suspension fork, you'll need a tapered headtube, some of the cheaper Fat bikes on there have a standard 1 1/8 straight steerer tube. The tires do absorb a lot, so it might not be an issue. But something to think about.

Latest posts

Back