Need help!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys,

i am from Germany an today i buy this frame with parts...

aaadb6eefeedf18ff79e620a8613be53.jpg

It was found in an old house. I think it is an old frame from the 50‘s???

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Yes! A Columbia-built bike that may have been originally badged as Goodyear Hi-Way Patrol. Columbia produced a similar bike, the Fire Arrow, for their own marque. Mid-to-late '50s for certain. Quite a rare find in Germany, I'm sure.

Might also be badged as a Murray. I have a similar Columbia Firebolt that's a 1961, so they probably made yours into the 60s, as well. There is likely a serial number on the drop out and there might be a serial number decoder on the internet.

Great looking frame! The original paint will probably shine up nice along with the chrome. I'd look to see if the horn is inside the tank. On the chain guard, above Jet Fire, it says "Columbia Built".

The serial number on those Columbia made bikes are on the left rear dropout and are usually a small font that may be hard to see. That will give you the year. I'm guessing 50's because most of the Jet Fire bikes I've seen were Murray built in the 60's. This is the closest I found to yours, same fork crown, from 1959.
firebolt-bikes-010-jpg.655285

The fork looks like it has a slight rearward bend but that can be straightened fairly easily.
Here's a serial number list for Columbia:
http://www.cardiffbikeshop.com/datecodes/columbia.htm

Hi Guys,

i am from Germany an today i buy this frame with parts...

aaadb6eefeedf18ff79e620a8613be53.jpg

It was found in an old house. I think it is an old frame from the 50‘s???

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Lucky you! Wrote the guy, but obviously, easier for him to sell directly, then send to Poland :)
Steal of a deal, oldschool American bike in Europe for 50 euros :)

Latest posts

Back