Need help!!! What is "The Look" muscle bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't seem to find anything about this bike. It says the look on a cool sprocket. Any and all help would be great. It is in amazing shape. I am guessing late 70s?

Attachments

• IMG_4553.JPG
    IMG_4553.JPG
    262.2 KB · Views: 239
'The Look' bikes were actually MX bikes built by Murray and sold through Sears as Free Spirit badged bikes. The frame looks very similar to the Murray choppers of the late 1970's but it is different. The chopper had more of a rake at the head tube and therefore had a gusset welded there to strengthen the frame. I believe yours to be a 1976 model because of the square cutouts on the rear dropouts. 1977 and later bikes had solid rear dropouts.

'The Look' bikes were actually MX bikes built by Murray and sold through Sears as Free Spirit badged bikes. The frame looks very similar to the Murray choppers of the late 1970's but it is different. The chopper had more of a rake at the head tube and therefore had a gusset welded there to strengthen the frame. I believe yours to be a 1976 model because of the square cutouts on the rear dropouts. 1977 and later bikes had solid rear dropouts.
Wow! That is great! I will have to research that. Do you think anyone would want this bike? I assume there isn't much of a following?

It's hard to tell from your picture but if that frame was originally silver then it was probably this bike:
upload_2017-1-23_22-33-57.png

This was the 1978 version. Notice the solid rear dropouts. They also changed to a full length chainguard and dropped 'The Look' name. As for value, I picked this one up a couple of years ago at a bike swap for $40. I sold it on ebay later that year for $150.

Thanks fat lip! At least I have a better idea of what it was.

Latest posts

Back