Need help w/ 2

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I picked up 2 more last night but need a little help ID-ing them.

The 1st is a unknown year Fleetwing 26" mens w/ a double top & mid tube frame.

The 2nd is an unknown year J.C. Higgins 26" womens.

Where would the serial numbers be on these and is there a database somewhere so I could decode them? Here's a link to their photos:

http://public.fotki.com/ChipsMahoy/bike-projects/

Interestingly, both bikes were built by Chain Bike co, whose house brand was Ross. The JCH is from the mid-late 50s, and the Fleet Wing is early-mid 60s. I've heard that Fleetwing was a Western Auto style chain store. There have been many different companies supplying their bikers over the years. -Adam

Looking closely at the pictures of the Fleetwing I realize that this one is the same bike as my RRBBO6 frame!

rustrocket2.jpg

The twin top tubes, snowflake sprocket, and heavy lower chainstays seem to identify the frame. I was told because of the tank design and sprocket, it was Ross built.

Mine was badged as a "Norwood". Have fun with it!

--Rob

NLCTVWguy said:
Looking closely at the pictures of the Fleetwing I realize that this one is the same bike as my RRBBO6 frame!

rustrocket2.jpg

The twin top tubes, snowflake sprocket, and heavy lower chainstays seem to identify the frame. I was told because of the tank design and sprocket, it was Ross built.

Mine was badged as a "Norwood". Have fun with it!

--Rob

Very cool! How is your tank attached? It looks like there's a bolt holding it on by the neck. Mine doesnt have anything there if that be the case.

Latest posts

Back