Need help dating a President by Scheuer...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, new to the site, looking for some help with identifying and dating my project. The badge says "President Designed By Scheuer". There is a decal on the lower frame that says "Made In Western Germany". Also found a number on the bottom, possibly 6 digits, starts with 15, next 2 numbers illegible, last two are 38. This bike has been "modified" to put it nicely. It appears to be a 26" frame, but came with very old 24"inch wheels. Also came with a metal seat that was welded on, possibly from an old tricycle. Someone had painted the wheels and fenders with green house paint. Any info I can get on this bike would be greatly appreciated. Pictures to follow as soon as I can figure out how to get them from my phone to the site.

President was one of the import brands, made by the Steyr/Daimler/Puch collective in Europe. Generally dating from the late 50s to the early 70s. Not much info available besides that. Yours may have originally looked like my early 60s Royce Union. -Adam

Thanks for the info, Rustinkerer! It does look almost identical to the one in your pic. Now I just need to find the missing pieces. (chain guard, tank, rear rack).

Thanks for the info, Rustinkerer! It does look almost identical to the one in your pic. Now I just need to find the missing pieces. (chain guard, tank, rear rack).

Hi Rick were you ever able to find out anything more about your Scheuer? I have a President that I found locally, something made me buy it they were asking $25.00 I got it for $20.00 bucks and its pretty much complete aside from the lens for the front fender light. I'd love to know the year and if theres any value to it. I'll try to put up some pictures, I have it hanging on my wall at home as a conversation piece.

Attachments

• Scheuer President 1.jpg
    Scheuer President 1.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 261
  • Scheuer President 2.jpg
    Scheuer President 2.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 261
I got a President, with training wheels, for Christmas’59, nice bike. My Dad tried converting it to a Stingray type about 5 years later but discovered it too rusted I was sorry to see it go.

It's always interesting to see these threads of yore! Sometimes I'm still right, others I've learned more, like Bauer was it's own company, not a badge of S/D/P. I'll add my Royce Union pic again, post photo bucket. ~Adam
Royce Union.jpg

I got a President, with training wheels, for Christmas’59, nice bike. My Dad tried converting it to a Stingray type about 5 years later but discovered it too rusted I was sorry to see it go.
I got my 20” Scheuer President for my 6th birthday in 1959. I still have it. I recently had it professionally restored and I’m very excited to share the results. It took the shop two years to complete. Since it’s only a 20” bike I won’t be riding it. I hope to enshrine it in a corner of our finished (dry) basement. 2019 and 2021 pics.
DD3B5FBE-C6B5-4959-B939-7BF8768F90C0.jpeg
EC502FBA-D82D-46DA-907C-6EA7E92FFEF4.jpeg

Thanks for viewing.

Latest posts

Back