Need a Ruling from yous guys

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I started a build on the 28th of March called Urban Assault Vehicle. I have done nothing with the build except strip the paint. Can I get in on build off 11?

If all you did was strip paint what's the harm the whole point is to build something that's cool in the 4 months your given...
That's my 2 cents[emoji92]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My $.02, I've got no problem with it. After all, depending on how you look at it, most of us are starting ahead to different degrees when using previous or pre-built parts or even when not fabbing a frame from scratch. Obviously, there's got to be a line somewhere, but I think we're probably all capable of figuring out what's too far or not.

I don't see any problem. Some build off bikes start with frames that are already painted, heck you're not ahead.....you're behind!!!!

That's how I check to see if an old frame is usable, by stripping the paint to check for cracks or bad welds. If you had painted the frame, then I would consider that part of the building process. So you're good IMO.

I don't make the rules, but I personally don't see an issue. You won't hear any complaining from me.

If all you did was strip paint what's the harm the whole point is to build something that's cool in the 4 months your given...
That's my 2 cents[emoji92]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course if you take 4 months to build the bike, the build off will have already been finished for a month. :D

I'm cool with it too, I don't consider paint removal work. Unless you're working on my rims for rELEVENt SETBACK, that's work.

Worst case scenario for me, I get irritated and use the frame switch loophole.

In that case you all see me rebuild a Murray Skymaster.:21:

Latest posts

Back