NDN

Nov 14, 2012
Arvada, CO.
Re: NDN - Ambivalent

kingfish254 said:
Was that actually you first shot at pinstriping? Looks most excellent to me!!!!
What kinda pencil did you use for your layout markings?
Thanks a lot King! It is my first shot, but while waiting for the supplies to show up, I watched a lot of videos and practiced with markers.

I am doing my layouts with a Staedtler lumicolor grease pencil (water soluble).

Sep 11, 2012
Davenport, Iowa

Love what you did with the Buffalo Nickles! I've been thinking about doing that with some Silver Quarters. Might have to re-think that and find some nickles, I've got a Hiawatha build to do too! :mrgreen: I won't be copying your leather grips though, probably something more along the lines of a Leather/Wood combination. Thanks for the inspiration. 8)

Nov 14, 2012
Arvada, CO.

Sitting here at work bored so decided to practice designs for the saddle bag sides.

Threw some paint on the wheels last night. I need to dirty 'em up once they dry.

Might make a racing number plate out of this with red backing to show throough the holes.

Nov 14, 2012
Arvada, CO.
Once the ivory paint dries a bit i am going to rub some off so it looks a little more aged. Pretty happy with theturn out but i do need a lot of practice.

Nov 14, 2012
Arvada, CO.
Missed the cut off to get these photos on the completed string since the wife surprised me and the kids with tickets to cirque du soleil. great time and well worth it.