Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
ob5.jpg

Alright fellas. Here she is. Great time as usual...:thumbsup:

...and here's the build thread. Thanks OddJob for the reminder!

http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/naked-panther-11-speed-complete.98142/

index.php

p26.jpg

p31.jpg

p29.jpg

before.jpg

The parts list. I'm always afraid to do this for fear I'll add it up and suddenly realize the cost but here we go.

2000 Schwinn Panther SS frame stripped and polished
2000 Schwinn Panther SS rims
Schwalbe 2.35 Crazy Bob tires
Sram 406 disc brake hubs
Hayes 203mm brake rotors
Avid BB5 brake calipers
Shimano Acera BL-M421 brake levers
Sram PG-1130 Cassette with 11-42 gearing
Sram XX1 11-speed derailleur
Sram XX1 11-speed shifter
Sram XX1 11-speed chain
Race Face Chester Crankset with DH bottom bracket
Race Face 38t narrow wide chainring
Truvativ Stylo bash guard
XLC bear trap pedals
MSR Dominator motorcycle handlebars with ATV high bend
Oddysey Dugan BMX grips
No name BMX stem
First cartridge bearing 1" threaded headset
RST Capa suspension fork
Brooks B67 saddle

Last edited:
Chad, your attention to detail and 'button-ed up' clean style always shines through in your builds!
You have combined the very latest in bike technology with an old school vibe. Well done! :thumbsup:

Make sure to attach a link to your build thread near the top of your post so folks know what kind of work you put in on this. Rat on!

You took a modern frame most people wouldn't think twice about and turned it into a top ten contender, bravo.:41:

Gosh, I'd love to hit some of our bike paths around here with this machine. This build screams performance. Great job, Chad.

Thank you all so much!!

I like to try to build something that makes me want to ride it. This one really does. It's a fun one to ride too.

So chrome, so shiny.

Great looking bike Chad with top notch parts . As I said before if I only could have one bike this would be the way to go . A highend cruiser good on road & trail .

Wow...thank you guys so much.

I made a few changes with this. Removed the carbon fiber tank panel, re-routed the front cable and added a license plate I had in the late seventies and early eighties.

Changed the pics to show the current state. I'll try to get some better shots today.

Really got to test the drivetrain when I rode this to the park. Whenever I take a bike down to ride on the bike path the trip back is uphill for about the last mile to my house. I can get it over with quickly if I ride up this steep hill out of a ravine. This peddled up it real easy. Extra weight on the nose makes it possible to stay in the seat and climb.

Latest posts

Back