My Wal Mart Schwinn Stingray

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unchained said:
I have a blue wal mart Krate, its a great bike for $80. I really don't like wal mart quality, but this has been a great bike- do keep the seats out of sunlight though, mine turned yellow really fast (kept indoors- heated garage) and is still yellowing. :cry:
I noticed he same thing on my green WM bike, the seat is turning yellow. I actually have my bikes in a heated basement with very little sunlight. Cheap vinyl I suppose. Kind of a bummer though.

I converted my $69 BFK to a five speed with vintage Krate parts and a year later it still rides great and it is definitely the best $69 I ever spent on a new Schwinn.
attachment.php

i did a search on google and found your topic about green schwinnns i was looking for better view of the stripe of the bike im getting next month is it a green or black logo heres mine im getting next month i want to add a highback sissybar and a backrest and the only white ones have black pipping so i was wondering if they have black schwinn logo on them or are they green viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15199&p=153537#p153537

flowersbfktrek008.jpg

The cool thing about a Wal-Mart Schwinn Stingray is that you can customize it without much worry; unlike an original, where one wouldn’t even think about “cold-bending” the frame.

Easily, the best use of $69-dollars ever!!! :D

017-1.jpg

I picked up this walmart Stingray frame and seat for $35 from a guy who bought it for its parts to put on a vintage Stingray frame. I have since sold the seat for $25 making the frame only $10. Anyway, the springer is a Lowrider brand, the wheels came from a Bike Friday and had a 6-speed on there. I didn't want to cut the axle down in case I ever wanted to use it as a 6-speed again, the hub is a Sachs with a drum brake that has been hooked up since these pics were taken. The rear slick is a Duro brand. Crank and chain ring came off a Varsity and I just removed the outer, larger chainring.

001-2.jpg

003.jpg

I had this one, never rode it, sold it to a guy that was giving it to his 11 year old kid, he loved it, startem young. Sulley

006-3.jpg

I remember walking through a super walmart in spartanburg sc past the bike section in '08. Out of the corner of my eye I seen a black one and thought ah cool they're reproducing them. I regret nit going over n checking them out. I was broke anyhow so not like I could of got one. What was the non sale price on these at Wally world?

My black one posted above is available in Denver if anyone is interested, The seat was sold but I have the rest of it shown in the pictures. Speedo is not a stingray speedo, its just an old schwinn speedo and I do not have the rest of the parts for it.

i bought a clean black one yesterday,had to drive 100 mi. to get it, but i love it. now i want more :lol:

Mine went as a partial trade for labor to get my pedicab body painted. These are on CL all the time

Latest posts

Back