My Wal Mart Schwinn Stingray

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is my WallyRay. We were always too poor for Coach J and I have to cool bike stuff. I had jealousy issues with my friends who had the 5-speed Rays and I'm riding my free-spirit with the twice welded frame. (Ya gotta jump a bike, am I right?) I always wanted a sissy bar on my bike and never got one. Now that I'm all growed, I gots me a sissy bar.
IMG_5748.jpg

pic taken by my 7 year old.

jeff

I was at my local Wal-Mart recently and picked up another BFK for $49. I'm still not a fan of the blue, so I got myself a black one. First order of business was to get rid of the chainguard, change out the sprocket with a 44 tooth lucky-7, add a 20" front wheel from Goodwill bike. I also added a nifty horn. I recovered a lowrider seat from a previous eBay purchase with leopard print microfir from my local fabric shop. It was my first seat recover and it went surprisingly well.

P3210064.jpg

here is my green wallyworld bike with a 20" front right next to my 24" AMF roadmaster and 20" black wallyworld bike. I am getting ready to put the fender back on to the 45* bent springer that I put on, I also already added some repo krate pedals to it.

wallyworld.jpg

I am a huge fan for the blue ones!

S5000172.jpg

Sorry but I have to disagree. I always wear a helmet when I'm riding in the street. Unfortunately, I was being stupid by not wearing one while doing wheelies. You never know, sometimes everything will be alright and other times you'll end up sliding on the pavement so fast you can't even react.

Helmets Rule!!!! Saved my head several times!!! I gotta use my head for algebra class, I can't risk it!

dumpster_diver said:
I am a huge fan for the blue ones!

S5000172.jpg

I dig the lunchbox on the sissy bar. I did that last Friday on my green BFK with a vintage Skateboarder lunchbox I picked up off eBay. I'll post some pics when I get a chance.

ive got an evil dead lunchbox im plannin to put on my grape repop, how are you guys hangin them on there ?? also thought it might be cool lookin on the bars too

CCR said:
ive got an evil dead lunchbox im plannin to put on my grape repop, how are you guys hangin them on there ?? also thought it might be cool lookin on the bars too
I gotta see that!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Here are some pics of my Green BFK plus lunchbox. I've also added a 24" springer and widened the bars so they are not so upright. My lunchbox is attached with vinyl throttle cable clamps from the hardware store. The good thing is that it's not going anywhere, the bad thing is that you have to drill holes in the lunchbox. I didn't mind though since my box wasn't mint.
P3230067.jpg

P3230069-1.jpg

P3230068.jpg

nice job, i was gonna make it hard and drill holes in the box so the bars would run through the inside, but i can make anything more difficult than it needs to be.

hows yours hangin on there DD ??

CCR said:
nice job, i was gonna make it hard and drill holes in the box so the bars would run through the inside, but i can make anything more difficult than it needs to be.

hows yours hangin on there DD ??
My hangin' on by a wire.... didnt want to drill some holes yet.

Looks awesome!!!

Latest posts

Back