My Wagons Caprice and Olds C.C.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally had a day off work to devote to diagnosing the Blazer and found out the battery cables were loose causing it to not charge the battery properly, few hours on the charger and tightening some cables on the starter and battery and it fired up and runs decent, needs a muffler but runs, drives, and stops fine.

And nice when it actually runs and drives good without smoking or making noise. It actually runs great other than needing a muffler.

Got the rear bumper pulled off the blazer but I need to do some trimming to clear the tow hitch got the fitment almost right. Pics tomorrow.

Maybe notch it at the license plate area, might have to bend the license plate a bit though.

I wonder how much it would cost to line-x a suv?

I already did notch it, the plate mounting area sits flat on the hitch cross beam. I might move the hitch in and re-drill the holes and trim the frame rails an inch to make it fit better. As far as line x goes I did do my old ranger with dupli-color bed armor and it turned out great. Cost about $60 bucks. I'm thinking of just running a buffer over the paint because it's still in good shape, then I'll bed line from the trim down and try to match the fender.

Might just give the roll pan to my nephew and make tube bumpers. Also just a teaser the bull bar will not be going on the blazer, the lower bar was bent and rusted so it's been disassembled and will be re-purposed for another project... going to reduce the weight with threaded rod and pvc pipe though as it will be just for show...

I've said too much already.

Last edited:
Well the blazer is gone. Traded off. On to the next. Might have found it too. Just riding my bike home from work (wagon out of gas) and spotted a 1968ish olds delta 88. This thing is barn find... Last plate on it is 1974!

Well the blazer is gone. Traded off. On to the next. Might have found it too. Just riding my bike home from work (wagon out of gas) and spotted a 1968ish olds delta 88. This thing is barn find... Last plate on it is 1974!

Sounds like it might have some work to go into it.

Yes but the body and vinyl top are immaculate. I'd probably just save it from the crusher and sell it as is after a good cleaning.

Well the blazer is gone but not for the Olds Delta... he wanted $8,000 for it and I'm not that crazy. Anyway I traded my $200 Blazer for a Mosin Nagant 7.62x54R Rifle with ATI Monte Carlo stock, Coldwell bipod, ATI bolt mod, shortened barrel, REX optics 3-9x50 power scope, 440 rounds of Bulgarian silver tip ammo, and all the factory parts that came on the rifle.

Anyway enough about history on to what I am doing now. I FINALLY got 2 of the NEW tires for the wagon and getting the other 2 next paycheck. I had to wait as the fuel pump went out and I had to spend $112 for the pump and paid a buddy $100 to put it in. Running excellent again. Anyway I bought 2 Hankook 225/75R15 tires and put them on my new wheels and they are looking sweet wrapped around these blacked out chevy van rims with chrome caps and rings. I'll try to get better pics but my phone camera is junk so bear with me.

Got to love white walls!

Great score on the Nagant, wanna trade it for a bicycle? Lol.

Wagon lookin good.

Also if you look close you can see the custom Cheech and Chong style "dingle balls" AKA Ball Fringe in the back windows and across the top of the windshield.

Depends on the bike... A '37 Elgin bluebird would make me fall out of love with my gun pretty quick

Yea, I think that could do it. Unfortunately I don't have a bluebird.
Oh Well.

Also if you look close you can see the custom Cheech and Chong style "dingle balls" AKA Ball Fringe in the back windows and across the top of the windshield.

Didn't see that coming.

I wasn't expecting that style for the interior.
So is that good or bad? lol

Honestly the biggest reason I did this is it hides the fact the headliner is sagging in spots and gave me an excuse to pin it backup around the edges with clear bow pins. And it's an old-school touch that you just don't see anymore. I had a heck of a time finding the dingle balls too, Finally found it on Ebay as "Ball Fringe" and was about to place an order when I found some rolls of it at Ollie's. The white really sets off the body color and ties it together nicely.

It's cool. Like you said, you don't see it much anymore.

I keep hearing about ollie's, we have a few within a 30 mile radius, gonna have to check it out.

Latest posts

Back