My Wagons Caprice and Olds C.C.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ok I know I have a sickness when it comes to getting a car and not long after turning it around in favor of something better or different. Well this time I did it to help out my nephew and help myself get something I have wanted for a long time.

My nephew has been saying for some time now he wants to get another truck so I agreed to sell him my ranger for $500 on payments since he got his car impounded and lost it. (Cost more to get out than it's worth)

Well I found a car in great shape I really wanted so a new deal was conceived. My car was $700, my check was $300, leaving me $400 short. So I told my nephew if he would help me get my car this week I'd sign the truck over free and clear and pay his $300 ticket next check. I get my car, he gets $100 truck, everyone is happy. So by this point you are getting bored and wondering what I got to want it that bad... I'll tell you.

1991 Chevy Caprice wagon with a Jasper rebuilt 350 v8 engine with 5k miles on it, a rebuilt transmission a year prior, new catalytic converter, transmission cooler, tow package, optional 3rd row seat so it seats 8, dual action tailgate, and only 2 owner since new. The guy got a new car and just didn't drive the wagon anymore. It was last plated in 2012 but was started every week. Fired right up and drove it 2 blocks home. It's like a couch with a steering wheel. I love it.

Here's a pic of my 96 Buick RoadMaster, I just picked it up a few weeks ago.. I also have a 93 Caprice wagon that I am selling... Love me some full size wagons..

SKNVlMZ.jpg

I had a roadmaster wagon before, they are really nice. Mine had the lt1 motor in it and was great for highway cruising. The caprice is very similar. I also love the dual action tailgate. Coolest feature ever.

I love full size wagons I had a few a 1984 mercury grand marquis wagon a 1986 ford crown Victorian wagon a 1987 Chevy caprice wagon even old cars form the 70;s like my 1977 Chevy caprice wagon unfortunately the 77 wagon got to rusted so it became my demo derby car which I still run to this day not much stops it.love full size wagons their comfy and really misunderstood vehicles

Very cool ride,heck of a deal.
My two favorite vehicles...
Full size vans and full size wagons.
Rutledge Wood would be so proud.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys, I'm slowly planning out my wagon build, not going super flashy but more subtle and classy.

Plans include:
Impala ss grille swap
possibly air ride
Chevy rally wheels or Crager mags
Chrome with mahogany trim steering wheel they have at AutoZone
Bodywork then finish in Cadillac pearl white with subtle blue ghost flames

Right now just focusing on getting it roadworthy, just did a new serpentine belt today as it had the rare 2 piece belt...lol (split down the center)

This check I'm paying off my nephew for helping me purchase the wagon, doing an oil change, and getting the plates and registration. Then next check I'm going in for brand new tires and an alignment (didn't feel bad but new tires and alignment go hand in hand). And of coarse get a "Wagon Mafia" sticker for the back window. :D

When done it will look like something like this
30896190013_large.jpg

Really liking these wheels though.
812d1191104135-new-wheels-final-truck.jpg

Anyone care to do a photoshop for me?

When done it will look like something like this
30896190013_large.jpg

Really liking these wheels though.
812d1191104135-new-wheels-final-truck.jpg

Anyone care to do a photoshop for me?
I don't have photoshop, so I used paint.net which is what I use for all my bikes. Hope it helps.

Didn't know what diameter wheels you were thinking, so did one pic with maybe 15-16" wheels, another with 17-18's and the last with 19-20's...

20754606943_eb65d047c8_z.jpg

21375697635_6b9531d458_z.jpg

21375697105_a741de441e_z.jpg

My personal choice would probably be in the 17 to 18" range, but that is just me... ;)

Luke.

That looks killer! I'm probably going to go with 15's because there is a huge selection of tires and they are affordable, especially snow tires that I can put on my stock rims and save my nice rims for summer. Plus no recalibrating the speedometer.

Plus Chevy put those exact rims on Chevy truck's for years and they bolt right on. Besides in Indiana the roads are pretty chewed up with pot holes so I want to keep as much sidewall as I can.

That looks killer! I'm probably going to go with 15's because there is a huge selection of tires and they are affordable, especially snow tires that I can put on my stock rims and save my nice rims for summer. Plus no recalibrating the speedometer.
Plus Chevy put those exact rims on Chevy truck's for years and they bolt right on. Besides in Indiana the roads are pretty chewed up with pot holes so I want to keep as much sidewall as I can.
Awesome.

Luke.

Latest posts

Back