My Two Fat Bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been riding these two Mongoose Fat bikes around a lot lately. Saving my money up for a full suspension fat tire bike now. Haven't made up my mind which brand I want yet. I figure the wait while I save up for one will be a good thing, seeing how so many new ones are coming out month after month.

This is my 2014 Mongoose Dolomite with a BMX crank conversion. Front sprocket is a 23 tooth with bash guards, along with a Shimano Mega-Range cluster in the rear. Wanted this one to be my all-terrain fat tire with a lot of power in the low end. I want to upgrade the brakes from the original mechanical disc braks to hydrolic brakes, but don't have the money to do that yet. I named this one, "CROC."

CrankBashFinished3_zps8b829683.png

This is my Mongoose Beast with a 2005 Schwinn Manta-Ray banana seat and sissy bar. Wanted this bike to be my ultimate beach cruiser for cruising on the sand. A very comfortable ride with the extra wide banana seat and the high rise handle bar. This one also has an on-board stereo mounted on the center of the handlebar. I also had the wheels powder-coated gloss black and added anodized spoke nipples. I named this one, "BIGFOOT."

BIGFOOTtrain_zpsc6b4e050.png

BigfootPicture-Fatbike_zps4bf81383.png

Love the black rims on "Bigfoot". I just got a used Beast off Craigslist tonight. Could you share some info on the headlights?

Thanks, Fat Dave. The headlights are "Frog Lights." I put four of those on. Those are motorcycle mirrors on it, too. I also have a "Mega-Horn" on the left side of the handlebar. It's pretty loud, but when no loud enough, I hit the air horn that's just under the top bar. I added a red and black chain to it and I padded the top of the sissy bar and made a vinyl cover for it with my sewing machine. I also had vinyl stickers made for the bike, the back of the sissy bar cover I just mentioned has the Bigfoot name on it. I have LED lights on the bike that have their own button batteries inside of them, but I'm going to upgrade those LED lights to a better and brighter system soon. Glad to hear that you also got a Beast. You might want to change the rear cog to a 22 tooth, I like mine best that way. Thanks for noticing, Dave.

Latest posts

Back