My "SIDE" Project

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have been wanting to do this for a while now but kept it on the backburner for too long so here is my first attempt...

had an aquaintance of mine find and start with this:
mstrike_fadedred.jpg

after hearing my "ideas" he put in his .02 and then sparked up his welder.
the next day i took out the parts hanger and 2 cans of rattle primer to it:
7e4d958f.jpg

c1230556.jpg

after about a week of bad Socal weather, i came up with this for Opening Day for my LA Dodgers:
88df2228.jpg

a786e2df.jpg

IMG_7458.jpg

IMG_7459.jpg

IMG_7456.jpg

IMG_7460.jpg

of course i went with "baby" Daytons, recovered an old saddle with a Dodgers bookcover, made a padded plank to go over the sidecar cage, slid a milk crate in it, clamped on my beverage holder, then added a couple hometeam touches

i am probably going to change it up a few times until i am somewhat satisfied, like a stereo(thanks to cream corn's amazing trike), possible electric mini-fridge or cooler, kegerator with a tap, or maybe converting a battery motor to it from a kid's rideable---we'll see, baseball season just started, so gotta keep the dubs rollin' and let the pedal scrapin' begin...

That's most excellent !But where's the bat holder? I like the rear offset on the side car. This is good inspiration to Islander102 Skipton myself and others that you all know and love who are starting on a Worksman trike project details to come.

WHOA! Great job with the welds, the whole thing looks really clean!
Would love to see you change up the scheme a little bit, maybe BLUE JAYS??? :lol: :lol:
Did you say you used a "BOOKCOVER" to redo the saddle? Like paper?

chimi - thanks man, BLUE CREW 4LYF homey! 8)

Gdcast - thanks dude!

core - i was honestly surprised myself of how it turned out, thanks.

XC204 - bat holder is in the works! good luck with the Worksman, i cant wait.

yooth - good "eye" bro, it rides nice and smooth though --i have to pedal flat-footed-on-my-heels or i scrape the cage or the street.

canuck - it's ok, it's not that clean of welds - wont EVER change my team, but true, you could make it BlueJays and not really know :wink:
p.s. the bookcover was one of those 99cent store stretch-nylon deals + 3M spray.
p.p.s are you from Tdot? if yes, then you must recognize my first sig quote

true story time: i rolled it to my kidz' school with them sitting back to back on the cage seat and half the playground stopped to take a peek and all the kids kept asking my oldest son was "who made that?", "what is that?" and "where did your dad buy that?!"
and my son replied "he built it, not bought it, duh" ...

Wow that looks cool. Nice work. Yes to the stereo. Make it thump.
Great water bottle placement. I built one into my trike too.

Latest posts

Back