My Old Trek 7000

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yoothgeye

I build stuff.
Reaction score
Rode the bike through college until I sold it my senior year to buy a brand new Gary Fisher, bonehead move on my part, I still miss this bike. It was purchased as seen in the first photo. The original owner allegedly put $1400 in the bike, it was light and responsive. The shock was a Rock Shox Mag? It had purple anodized bar ends (Answer I think), purple ano wheels in the derailer, and some purple ano allen screws and the wheels had purple ano spoke nipples. Clear Yeti grips (were available from Porkchop, I bought 2 pair). It had a Rock Ring which I LOVED. Rear tire was a Specialized More Extreme, wish they still made them, I bought one from Nashbar on clearance for $8 back when they were all catalog sales. Second photo shows it with a newer Rock Shox, that one came off a police bike, I blew mine out in a bad crash.

trek1.jpg

trek2.jpg

Eclipse said:
That's a good bike! I'd like to see your contraption where it hangs over the closet? Did you made it?

Yes, my dad and I made that when I was in college. I had an idea my sophomore year since I was keeping my bike in my dorm room. I measured the closet door frame, there was a lip (like trim) on the outside and inside. I drew a pattern of it from my measurements and brought it home and cut out the rack. You slid on the front part cut to perfectly fit the door frame, then slid on the rear part also cut to fit and they screwed together. It eliminated opening and closing the closet, but it was a door room, I didn't care. Worked great for getting the bike up and out of the way. It worked in many of the dorms, so I was able to use it a couple years.

Latest posts

Back