My old Huffy Radio Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hooch said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/1955-Huffy-Radio-Bike-COLLECTORS_W0QQitemZ200223841755QQihZ010QQcategoryZ420QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
That's a sweet deal! Too bad he hasn't been since the 14th! 11 hrs to go..........
L8 EM

yeah i didn't win it. bummer. I didn't really have the money right now, i've been buying other old rusty things. but .... that tank would of looked good. I mainly didn't actively pursue it because it was missing the guts and knobs. I'll get the next one. Thanks for posting the links tho! I'll have to get some more pics of my bike up. And i got my girl's bike on the road. a old 50s Murray.

lowindo said:
Recent pics. Taken yesterday.

429935.jpg

429936.jpg

added some ratfink valve stem caps, can't really see them tho. '69 squareback is also mine.

Nice to see you are still flowing that square. You haven't changed a thing!

Unkle Krusty said:
Nice to see you are still flowing that square. You haven't changed a thing!

I know i get asked at gas stations all the time when are you gonna paint that thing. I'm always like never then they get a puzzled look on there face and i have to explain.

Anyone can paint it whatever color they want, but it takes 40 years to look the way it does now.

Do you still have this bike? And if so can get some measurements for me? I have a girls huffy that will be my next sex change...

Adapt said:
Do you still have this bike? And if so can get some measurements for me? I have a girls huffy that will be my next sex change...

yes, and yes

but i'm not an old bike pro so you'll have to really explain which measurements you want but i can do it no problem.

Old Bike Update:

Finally the OG radio has been "Found"

Ahhh a sigh of relief. Now I need the missing matching power pack!

And the pictures...

utf-8BSU1HMDE3MjgtMjAxMTA3MjktMTc1OS5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDE3MjctMjAxMTA3MjktMTc1OS5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDE3MzEtMjAxMTA3MjktMTgxOC5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDE3MzItMjAxMTA3MjktMTgxOS5qcGc.jpg

The 2nd person to see it offered me $600 :D.

But I ain't sellin'.

What do yall think of my bike? Would you hit that? Your comments and critiques are welcome.

weekend-fun said:
CCR said:
more like a few thousand with the radio and powerpack and antenna
Please be joking :lol: .... I remember I went to a swap meet and saw a perfect one for $100....

You messed up big time passing that by. In the last three years I've seen two nice examples bid out and sell for $3800 & $4400

So sorry for your loss.

lowindo said:
weekend-fun said:
CCR said:
more like a few thousand with the radio and powerpack and antenna
Please be joking :lol: .... I remember I went to a swap meet and saw a perfect one for $100....

You messed up big time passing that by. In the last three years I've seen two nice examples bid out and sell for $3800 & $4400

So sorry for your loss.
lol Yeah I'm kicking myself right now! At least I know now :roll:

Ha lowindo its your old buddy in bagdad look what I have... And wish you move back to bagdad also lol

That's still a great looking Huffy and single cab VW of yours...

Hey new member here. Also this is my first vintage bike.

I thought i would post some pics of it here and see what you guys think. What would you do if you had this bike?

32421radio_bike.JPG

32421radio_bike1.JPG

32421radio_bike2.JPG

32421radio_bike3.JPG

32421radio_bike4.JPG

32421radio_bike5.JPG

Did i mention i got the bike for free. I added the new tires, rims, seat cover, and grips. If you have a Radio or power pack for this bike Send me a Message ASAP!

So what do yall think? Its definitely not getting painted.

Throw a clear coat on that ..... and call it a day. :113:

Latest posts

Back