My Nod to the Rat Rod Gods

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Was to be "The Red Baron", but after mocking it up, I realized I needed to pay tribute to the spirit of Rat Rods......in other words "red" might not be the primary color. Also, the style is going to acknowledge all of the classic rat styles that I really dig.

I am quite sure I am over my head with the present company, but feel that the best way to learn how to swim with this crowd is to jump in the deep end and start churning! Consider this a very sincere compliment guys......your inspiration from previous builds is incredibly motivating.

1936 Schwinn straight bar "C model" frame (one year only)
1941 Columbia fenders
...and many (hopefully) unique extras.

Bars are classic 1" motorbike bars from a 1960's japanese custom chopper. Yes, they really are that big. YES... THAT BIG.

Fork is currently a 1950's replica Columbia/Western Flyer, but will likely be a Monarch to give it a true motorbike/boardtracker feel.

Yes, the frame is already black primer....don't worry, I will be repainting it.

24" rear rim (you know what is going on there), 26" front.

3-speed hub will allow for a cool shifter.

Pre War Delta light

Fender braces and details are a surprise. So is the seat, tires, and detailing.

Gonna be fun!

IMGP1324.jpg

IMGP1330.jpg

IMGP1325.jpg

IMGP1326.jpg

IMGP1328.jpg

IMGP1332.jpg

IMGP1333.jpg

IMGP1332.jpg

BONUS!!! Check out these bars!!!!
IMGP1341.jpg

ya, i thinks ya goin have a nice ride. i'll do a little witch craft on ya sooo's ya don't win.lol

Outlaw :mrgreen:

nice collection of parts. Cool fenders as I said over in Hooch's. That red/blue bike if funky.

Oh yeah! You got all the right pieces! Gonna be NICE.

Hi guys! Thanks for the encouragement. Hey Hooch - I just noticed that as well about the fenders.....it was too tough to resist using those, arent they great? Anyway, I'm sure you have got a ton of tricks up your sleeve to blow it out first class. Looking forward to what you do with them....and for some pure attitude on that bike in general. (Make it work....LOL!!! - that show is addicting, huh? :mrgreen:....are you going for the Santino attitude ride?!?! :shock: )

The red and blue bike is a 1939 Shelby-built "Gamble's Hiawatha". Yes, that bike is 100% original, down to the tires! I think someone bought it new, rode it for a couple of weeks, then stored it until I got it as almost a "throw in" for another Shelby I bought from a guy :shock: I love unique bars, and that has the girls version of the huge Arrow/Airflo mens bars....I've newer seen another set.

All the builds are going to be great.....I totally dig them all!

im pretty sure YESHONEY's "elvis" bike from the last build had those bars too, now you can say youve seen 2 :mrgreen:

Thanks for the heads up! That "Elvis" bike is SWEEEEEEEEET! :shock: :shock: :shock: :mrgreen: What a col way to put lights integral with those bars. ....Hmmmm....could I REALLY rip that bike of mine up just to pirate parts???? :?: :wink:

GodHatesCleveland said:
I'd be careful guys, bombshelterbikes just put a bunch of stuff up for sale on ebay. Look's like he's going to be stuffing his "war chest" with plenty of cash soon...... :wink: That or he's just going to be re-stocking his MRE's and radioactive fallout suits!!!!

...Uh Oh...on to me! :mrgreen: Yup, as I said in my intro, I'm ditching the classic restoration and getting serious (well, as serious as "ratting" can be :D)

- actually, the way Hooch is throwing down the parts for this build off he might just be pushing the envelope of REdesign - lovin' it!

ANywhooo, there's lots more to come if you are into complete bikes....the parts are just about depleted (never fear, only the stuff I won't need for future build offs :wink: ....unless I decide to rat that Firestone Supercruiser that did not sell last week...hmmm... ).

Didn't want to just join up and start shopping my stuff, but look for "J.Galt.Inc" on ebay if you are looking for some pretty complete classic bikes!

...mmmmmmm....MRE peas are my favorite!..... :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back