My "NEXT" purchase

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this "Next" Bella Vista comfort bike today. Found it on CL fairly cheap and traded e-mails with the owner for a week or so before driving out to her place in Nowhereville to pick it up.

She said she bought it several years ago (2004, I think) and rode it one time and fell off and broke her ankle. Since then it just sat around, so she decided to sell it.

Typical Wallyworld bike - with a 6 speed grip shift, bright paint job, and plastic fenders (but they won't ever rust! :D ).

The seat is proof that if you let something with black cloth sit in sun for several years it will turn brown!! :lol:

Overall, though, it's in like new shape, since it's basically a new bike, so I will have to decide whether to flip it and make a little on it - or save the wheels, shifter, neck, handlebars, crank, pedals, etc. to use on some other project bike.

IMG_1620.jpg

IMG_1621.jpg

IMG_1622.jpg

IMG_1623.jpg

i like the plastic fenders (minus the sticker on the rear) my sister in law has one similar w/o fenders. i also like those "rider freindly" cam clamps on the seat post

The owner would have actually taken a little less for the bike than she advertised it for, but in talking to her she told me (1) her husband died unexpectedly 5 months ago, (2) her mom is terminally ill and she's been taking her to the hospital lately which is why it took me so long to get with her about the bike, and (3) someone recently stole her banking information and forged over $5,000.00 in checks so her bank account is frozen while they investigate that. So that's why she was selling the bike and some other things on CL.

So after that story I decided the $5 or $10 I might save will mean a whole lot more to her than me, so I paid her the asking price - which was still cheap.

The bike had vines wrapped around the rear casette and some of the spokes and it was filthy from sitting out. I gave it a good scrub before taking the pictures, though, and it cleaned up pretty nicely. It really rides pretty good so it will make a nice bike for someone - or it will provide some nice parts for something I build.

Oh, one funny thing. The fenders, which I would expect to be metal, are plastic, and then the chainguard - which most times is plastic, is metal on this bike.

Wow.. interesting story. Looks like a fund bike.

BTW I have one of those seats on one of my choppers and it's turning brown having been stored INSIDE. It is pretty comfortable though.

-Stephen

it seems like a shame to part it out when some one could enjoy it so much as it is....then again....we all do that for the sake of Kustom dont we....

BUGGER IT....CHOPP IT I SAY ...lol

brett

Latest posts

Back