My new wingbar! NEW PICS ADDED Pic heavy!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am loving living in kasas city! I received a call today about an old bike. Well this is one heck of an old bike. I bought this one owner 1937 Monarc Wingbar out of the basement of the original owner! It is 100% complete and I believe it is 100% original as well. I know some of these came with tool bar seats but I have seen several pictures of this bike with this seat as well. It has the original key for the fork. I just can not imagine that there are many of these 100% original bikes left to be found. I love it!

Now to polish it or leave it the way I found it?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Re: My new wingbar!

Bicyclerick said:
Great score Josh. Leave it alone and enjoy it as it is. Just my opinion

I know there are not many of these survivors left but they just look so good polished. I do not know which way I am going to go yet.

:shock: Wow, now that is a find! I'd clean it enough to remove the dust and dirt then leave the patina the way it is.

they look nice shinned up but i like the older crusty look myself :mrgreen:
Love that bike, id be proud to ride that bike even if i was a guy AMAZING FIND!

Nick.

I'm going to go against the crowd and say polish it. We aren't talking about destroying original paint with a new paint job, we are talking about cleaning up an original finish. It's still original, and will look better.

While I like rusty patina for some bikes, those are mainly old paint jobs I like that on. This bike would look too cool shined up!

My Hawthorne was just like this one when I first got it and I elected to polish. I did muriatic acid then a buffing wheel and it sure came to life.

This can give u a comp for your decision.

ru7u9upe.jpg

1918 Ranger

Is that a locking fork? Trying to make out what that is on the side of the head tube.

1918 Ranger

I used to think that the girls Spaceliners where the best looking of the step thru frames , there number two now.

WOW!! :shock:

Latest posts

Back