My Mountain Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
No mountains on this side of Kentucky but anyways I finally finished putting this bike together friday night. I have had the Raleigh for about 7 or 8 years and it started out with gears which I got rid of. This bike rides a lot smoother than my Electra Cruiser! There are plenty of other little things I want to do to it like a rear rack for camera stuff, possibly fenders, and a new crank set. The seat is about the most uncomfortable thing (came with the Electra) so I am looking for something with a little style.

Newest additions:
Ape Bars, Tires (20x2.125), Handlebar Stem, Kickstand, Fork (removed suspension fork)...more to come

4qfv2e.jpg

xbl2qa.jpg

280phr9.jpg

2vsjncy.jpg

I like it. I went singlespeed for a while but my knees couldn't handle it. I roll with only a rear derailleur these days.
Finding the right seat just takes some trial and error. Your seat would be more comfortable if you adjusted it so that is is level from front to back.

Thanks, I did some more adjusting today and the seat was far more comfortable. I thought about adding a banana seat with sissy bar but im not sure how it would look.

MTBs make awesome cruisers, had a Redline Skookum setup as one for awhile with similar tires and 1spd conversion

I don't find cushy cruiser seats comfortable for anything more than a very short trip. The old minimal cushion pan springers feel better, but pretty much all my bikes get a WTB Pure V saddle now unless the aesthetics aren't there.

A banana seat would look good, but they are not very comfortable to me.

That looks really cool. Comfort bikes rule!

Latest posts

Back