My Karfer tribute!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been holding onto this frame for a while now... just waiting for the time and money to build a bike like Karfer's Higgins. Well the stars are starting to align and I've started the build. I don't even remember where I bought the frame, but I had it chemically striped about a year ago. The wheels are from Felt and measure 24"x50mm wide. The tires are kenda and came from Cycles U.S. and so did the fork. I have a Persons seat on the way also. I have a few things to figure out, such as the funky headset size and the clearance on the back wheel/tire. The old seat post is being real stubborn as well. I'm thinking Dark gray metallic paint. I need to trim some off of the bars also. Thanks for the inspiration Karfer! 8)
Picture009.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture005.jpg

nice bike man! congrats! i like the handlebar and the tires...

i am honored the higgins is my best bike i have ever done and yours looks like a winner too. oh and if you want to do it in the original color i did the higgins it is camouflage olive i think krylon makes it.

Wow - very cool. 8)
(Might look kind of cool just naked metal frame?)

awesome! i totally agree - bare metal should always be considered. :wink:

I'm digging the triple tree, fat tire, clubman bar combo :mrgreen:

well on the original that was before they had the offset sprockets so i just dished the heck out of the hub. the spokes on the drive side are darn near flat. i am still honored that your doing this bike and still think the higgins is kool.

Latest posts

Back