My JC Higgins Project...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just found this forum today.

jchiggins.jpg

While i was livin' in Tampa, FLA the guy across the way needed $$$ for rent and $40.00 later i had this bike. This is the only pic i've got of it and its in its "close to finished condition". When i got it from him he had attempted to rake the forks and lots of other bad work had been done. I took it apart, sandblasted the frame. The only parts that could be reused were the springer front end and the frame. No tank/bad after market handel bars/wheels and tires were shot/ Skip tooth sproket was bent and missing teeth. Wish i had taken a pic of it in that condition.

I streached the frame 7" and relocated the pedal assembley forward, added frame material to relocate the seat position. After market bars/wheels & tires/sproket/ chain/ seat. I took the springer assembly to a chrome shop and had that done.

I moved to N.C. and haven't sent for the bike yet. Its still in primer, but ride-able. What do you guys think?

Nice job on the stretch. That bike looks great as is. Welcome to Ratdom

stop by the INTRO section to let us know a little more about yourself.

Welcome! Nice looking bike...love the way the frame extends back to accommodate the seat. You've got skills, go out and create some more.

Thanks guys, before i moved I did alot of artistic welding (sculptures/furniture ect....) so i decided to take on a bike when this one became available. I dont have my tools or a place to use them in N.C. Also bought a house up here and all extra $$$ is going towards that.

If i thought there was a market for this stuff, i'd ditch my career and build bikes. I had alot of fun doing this one and love to see what you guys are comming up with. Im going back to FLA for a week and im gonna try to disassemble the bike, paint it up and bring it to N.C. i'll snap some pics and post them up.

Great site you guys have! :D

some of the steel stuff i've built

Coffee table
house023.jpg

old parking meter i turned in to a lamp and rebar end table
house007.jpg

DNA sculpture its 6' 2" tall
dna.jpg

wow i need that frame so i can make it into a chopper version of "the higgins". just kidding that is very cool and welcome

Latest posts

Back